EPOS Updates to an ECommerce Site - Help Me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi,

I'm working on a quote for a pretty large ecommerce site at the moment.

One of the requirements is that the website stock must match the stock as per the stock in their shop on an EPOS system (WASP???).

I did one in the past where a list of website transactions were exported in csv format from the site and imported into the EPOS system to update all stocks levels at the end of the day, but this is different, as the shop is quite busy and the stock level needs to live. So, I need a way to query the live stock from the EPOS in the clients shop and display it on the website.

Basically, does anyone have any experience in making this link so the site could query the EPOS for the live stock level? I'm Googling but there doesn't seem to be a lot about this.

Just trying to work out costing - is it is a big job, very involved, even possible lol
smile.gif
etc.?

Ta

Rob

Associate
mm if I'm reading the feature list on the WASP website correctly, even their intergrated stock management isn't real-time ("Distribute and share information between physical locations using a polling operation"). No mention I could see of an API either.

There is a "value-added resellers and solution providers" program on their website called WaspLink, I suspect more information might be had there if you contact them.

Honestly this screams closed development community with poor vendor support. I'd run a mile.

akakjs

Soldato
OP
mm if I'm reading the feature list on the WASP website correctly, even their intergrated stock management isn't real-time ("Distribute and share information between physical locations using a polling operation"). No mention I could see of an API either.

There is a "value-added resellers and solution providers" program on their website called WaspLink, I suspect more information might be had there if you contact them.

Honestly this screams closed development community with poor vendor support. I'd run a mile.

akakjs

Would be a shame if I coulodn't do this really, as querying a stock level really isn't overly complicated.

Will give em a call tomorrow.

Caporegime
Could be a perfect job for an eventually consistent system :p I'll bet a substantial amount of money there will be margin for a small delay - nothing is immediate, particularly on the web! :)

akakjs is right about it being closed community. EPOS vendors are very tight lipped because they have a somewhat niche market, though it is biting them in the bum these days because new systems are replacing them (because they have been so tight lipped etc.)

Soldato
Aha, kind of result.

Apparently I can query an ODBC database for the stock level, just spoke to WASP on the phone and they are sooooooooo protective.

Ask them for some documentation and you can literally hear the mental explosion down the phone line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom