Epox Bios update. (please help)

Soldato
Just flashed my Bios (which is done by windows by something called magic Bios) and it went a bit weird compared to what it usually does.

The operation went fine, went to reset, and when it came back into windows it found new hardware, and asked for the CD in which the orginal BIOS/MOBO drivers came on.

So i put it in, and it installed new NF4 ATA drivers, another set (which now i cant remember) and ADMA drivers.

God knows why its done that, but its fine, but what its left me with is a removable HD, which i imaging if i safely remove, my computer will crash!

Dont know why its done this, but i was wondering how to get rid of that, as i dont want to knack me computer accidently.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
deadeyedic30 said:
I upgraded my bios on my Epox 9NPA+SLI and upon reboot windows wouldn't load. I had to reinstall. So if everything works you are lucky. I'm guessing your hard drive is on sata ?

Yeah.

I'm sure i've had this problem before, when i originally built the comupter, but i really cant remember how i solved it.

I've had problems with my DVD drive from the off but so far this flash seems to have fixed it, and i dont want to go back to old just yet in case this can be solved.

Man of Honour
Personally i have never had a problem updating my Epox boards bios with magic bios. Running Sli and raid 0 on the other hand is a different story.

Have you tried using the latest Nvidia drivers (6.86) as the ones on the driver disk will be out of date.

Associate
Probably your best bet, uninstall the mobo drivers via the control panel, run driver cleaner, reboot and install the latest, reboot and see what happens.

Now I've gone over you issue a few times it sounds like the problem i had, in the end i gave up and created a dual boot system so i ciuld get my important stuff moved before a fresh install. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom