EPS 4pin required? + Anyone using the Kolink PSU extensions?

Associate
Just picked up a new motherboard (Asus 570-F) and it has an 8 pin + a 4 pin EPS connector, my previous (x370 Taichi) only has an 8 pin.

I don't think the cables included with my PSU (Phanteks AMP 1000w) will reach routed neatly up the back (Enthoo Primo), will it be ok with just the 8 pin connected (as I have a single 8 pin extension already), using a 5950x?

Also I've been looking at cable extension kits to change the aesthetic of the build slightly and it appears that the Kolink adept kits are the best suited in terms of what cables are included - I'd be a bit dubious on using a Kolink PSU on a high end build, but guessing cable extensions are all much the same?
Is anyone using one of these kits and able to comment on the quality etc (both in terms of gauge of wires used and the sleeving material)?

The kits I'm looking at are e.g. the below (now just gotta make my mind up what colours to go with!)

Thanks in advance!

Man of Honour
will it be ok with just the 8 pin connected (as I have a single 8 pin extension already), using a 5950x?
Yeah, it should work fine.

X570-F Strix manual says:
- Ensure to connect the 8-pin power plug, or connect BOTH the 8-pin and the 4-pin power plugs.
- DO NOT connect the 4 pin power plug only, the motherboard may overheat under heavy usage.

Back
Top Bottom