Epson DX3800 ate my ink cartridge

Soldato
I don't need to do any major printing and have survived for years wthout one, but I thought I'd get the above all in one printer on a whim about a month ago. As I say I hardly print owt really, I printed a couple of photos when I first got it, and digiguide listing about a week later, its left switched off all the time otherwise. I go to print something yesterday and acording to the ink monitor its says the black cartridge is near empty, the colour ones are still full. Sure enough after a couple of pages its out of ink. I remember in the instructions it said one first use it will take up some ink to fill a reservoir but I didn't think it would take up nearly a whole black cartridge, and somehow leave the colour ones alone. Is this normal for this type of printer? Is it better to leave it switched on or something?

Soldato
hey up mate,

if its a cartridge supplied with the printer you will find their only partially full anyways, i canna coment on the exact printer as i dont know it from personal experiance.

One thing to look at when buying a printer is the cost of carts.

Soldato
lol i used to buy a new lexmark printer each time my carts ran out ;)

printer was about £25 replacement carts were £45 weird, lol

So just sold the old one each time, and bought a new one.

Did it about 3 times before i got bored!! an run out of mugs to buy the printers lol

Back
Top Bottom