Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check - Lacie EXT HDD

Associate
Hello,

My ext harddrive seems to be giving me trouble.... some large files it will allow to be copied to it, and other large files it just wont and gives an error message, stating that it was unable to transfer the file due to CRC. I have 2 other internal hdds and the files transfer to them with no problems.
I have tried formatting the hdd in windows before, thinking that there was a virus or somethin, but it stops abnout half way and makes a weird clickng sound.

Is there anything i can do to get it working properly again? and even maybe keep all the data currently on it? Im thinking this hdd is borked, although i dont understand how it accepts a lot of files

Cheers

Dont keep the drive, you will just end up loosing data. Best thing to do would be to back up data you can access. I find there is nothing worse than suddenly loosing lots of data with no backup.

A clicking sound usually means the drive is about to die, so at least you have a warning, unlike my last hard drive which literally burnt itself out.

Funny this has come up now, as my Lacie hdd is doing exactly the same thing. I strongly recommend that you get in touch with Lacie to get the hdd replaced. As has been said, if its not dead yet..... it soon will be :(

Back
Top Bottom