Escape from Tarkov

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Does anyone find that when they kill PMCs there is no dog tag and just ??????shown for player name on end game summary screen? It's happened to a few of my recent PMC kills.
Well are you picking up the dog tags? You won't ever see the name in the raid-end screen without it.

Had an awful night last night, think I had one successful extract as a group (trio). Several big fights that go on and on and just not ending up on top. Probably lost well over a mil in equipment in a handful of raids which at sub level 20 is a sizeable chunk of money. Even had one Customs raid with 5 PMC kills but just couldn't kill the last one, ended up getting one tapped in the chest with AP20 through a Trooper... Hitreg seems so hit and miss at times; even watching the footage back my sights seem dead on and yet the rounds are just not hitting, can see the sparks / dust clouds immediately behind the target. Nevermind...

Soldato
Does anyone find that when they kill PMCs there is no dog tag and just ??????shown for player name on end game summary screen? It's happened to a few of my recent PMC kills.

If you don't extract with their dogtags - that's what you get. You have to pick up the dogtags and extract with them for the name to show.

Interest slightly waning at the moment - Lvl 37 again this wipe and missions are just a chore now.... for the 4/5th wipe in a row... haha

Soldato
Thousands of hours in and this game still hits me with moments that make me want to curl into a ball and cry (needs sound BTW) - typical example of getting a few kills early raid then running along a little too complacent afterwards.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Finding Killa is a nightmare I’m finding.
My weekly to kill Sanitar 5 times has been a joke as well, Shoreline is far too big to have such a low spawn rate :(

Soldato
Finding Killa is a nightmare I’m finding.
My weekly to kill Sanitar 5 times has been a joke as well, Shoreline is far too big to have such a low spawn rate :(
don't talk to me about that ****** - last wipe i did about 40 raids without finding him or someone got to him first. gave up in the end.
Thousands of hours in and this game still hits me with moments that make me want to curl into a ball and cry (needs sound BTW) - typical example of getting a few kills early raid then running along a little too complacent afterwards.

that cry at the end is awesome. i'd have been a tad more vocal :p

Associate
Finally pulled the trigger on this in the week.

I seem to spend more time trying to create space in my stash after a scav run than actually in game :cry:

That's not hard though, as I don't stay alive for very long doing pmc's in factory.

Any tips for beginners loadouts/tactics wise?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Beginner loadouts - the SKS. The 7.62x39mm PS round can be bought from level one traders and is more than worth its cost due to its performance versus armour compared to anything else available. It'll also help you learn to aim more due to semi-auto only. You'll be restricted to internal 10 round mag unless you want to spend money on the 20 rounders from Peacekeeper.

As for tactics, you'll be "behind the curve" as wipe was pre-Christmas, but that doesn't mean you can't progress. Use your scav at every available opportunity and try to learn maps with it - especially Customs as that's your main map early on. Work out where the choke points in the map are and how to work around them.

Don't get too hung up on gear or losing early on. You will die. You will lose gear. It happens to everyone. Take the loss on the chin and just hop into a scav run for carefree gameplay - though try not to kill other scavs (player or ai-controlled) if you can as you'll lose karma.

Go into a raid with a goal. Whilst you're at the "start" of the game everything will be valuable to you, I find it more prudent to focus on your task goals over looting at the start of a raid. For example, an early Customs task requires you to obtain a bronze pocket watch from somewhere in the map. I'd load in, get the key from 3 story dorms and get straight to that watch location and obtain it before really looking at looting things. You either need to be fast out the gate (especially if you get a good spawn location) or have the patience to sit and wait and let the raid play out a bit so the other PMCs can thin themselves out on one another before you are forced into an engagement.

Have a good read through the Wiki entries for tarkov, there's a wealth of information on there which will help with general gameplay, items needed for tasks, ballistics etc.

Oh and another thing: sound is the most important asset you have in this game. It's not Call of Duty, you can't be sprinting around *everywhere* and win every engagement. You're in control of the amount of sound you make through movement and movement speed. Use that to your advantage and listen for everybody else, especially in busy / built-up areas. Do note though that the audio has been particularly buggy this patch, especially vertical audio.

Most importantly, have fun. It's a tough game, especially if you're not used to the largely slower pace of the game compared to other shooters. It's very rewarding when it goes right and I'm yet to discover another game that can cause such an adrenaline rush!

Back
Top Bottom