eSim recommendations

I've used Airal and Holafly. The main difference is Airalo you buy a fixed data plan but Holafly is unlimited.

In practice I found Airalo have better speed, Holafly work but it was like dialup speed for some reason whereas Airalo I was getting proper 4G. I used Airalo in Japan, Croatia, Italy and Morocco in the past 18 months.

For going to USA I've used Nomad multiple times in last two years. Works great, setup is clear and the app gives all the info. Prices are reasonable.

They also cover lots of countries in Asia.

I bought an Airalo one. I'll see how it functions next week!

They are all much of muchness, none of them have their own network in that country (afaik), they simply buy data from local network and that is what you will be using. The network shown in the phone is a local one. I’m currently using Airalo in Morocco and I’m on Orange. It’s not the network Airalo. I used Airalo in Japan and it’s SoftBank there as that’s the network Airalo “partner” with, or bought data from.

So it’s hard to say “this one is the best” simply because unless we are talking about a specific country, then no one can point out specific experience over a whole continent.

Like in Morocco I’ve tried Airalo and Holafly, Airalo is a fixed data bundle with a cap, Holafly is unlimited. Airalo’s performance here is so much better in Morocco simply because the network they partnered with in this specific country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom