Essential Mac Apps - Mac App Store Now Open...

I wish people would get off/resist the Angry Birds bandwagon. It's at the top of the iTunes charts ALL the time, and now straight to the top of the App Store chart. It's really not that good. I don't understand the obsession.

I wish people would get off/resist the Angry Birds bandwagon. It's at the top of the iTunes charts ALL the time, and now straight to the top of the App Store chart. It's really not that good. I don't understand the obsession.

Indeed. It's a good iPhone app, but the iPad and desktop versions are just larger versions of the same app :o

I think you don't see how good it actually is, or perhaps not your cup of tea.

It's one of the most original, simple and entertaining games ever made.

Frequently my phone gets used for others who don't own a iDevice just to play Angry Birds.

It's a good game, that's why it's at the top. Simple as.

Last edited:
Anyone downloaded Connect360 and having problems getting it working?

Version 3.50 from the App Store is an application. Version 3.50 from the Nullsoft website is a preference pane installation. Find that weird.

Only annoying thing is that if you buy an app it for one desktop machine then you need to buy it again for the other.. but other have mentioned this already in a slightly different (cross OS) perspective.

have to agree with that, i seem to prefer the round icons like the new itunes and mac app ones
I remember thinking Steam's initial icon (100% iOS looking) was an apt indicator of Valve's disregard for proper look and feel throughout their Mac application.

One of the reasons I prefer OS X to Windows/Linux is that more developers seem to sweat the details to get immaculate look and feel.

Only annoying thing is that if you buy an app it for one desktop machine then you need to buy it again for the other.. but other have mentioned this already in a slightly different (cross OS) perspective.

I thought you could link up to 5 different machines to one account and all of them have the same media/apps on them? You can with iTunes, not sure with the new App Store.

Anything stopping you simply dragging the app across?

There is a receipt system that the apps use to authorise themselves. Not tried but I'd rather that apple/the developer answer the question first.

Back
Top Bottom