European Road trip

Associate
Hi all,

I'm looking for some help on the planning for a road trip I'm going on in June. I've made a rough route in google maps.

I just wondered if there were any places of interest or changes of route anyone could recommend to me. I've never done anything like this before, so if anyone has done something similar, advice would be greatly appreciated!

Route in google maps

Here's a small screen shot of the route.
route2.jpg

Edit: Probably should have added a bit more info.

It's just me and my girlfriend going and the plan is to find camp sites as we go. We'll take some extra cash for hotels/hostels should we need it. We're going from 25th June - 22nd July so just under one month. It's a lot of travelling but I think worth it!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;21538228 said:
Seems like it will be no cheaper than a similar trip in the USA though which is a bit annoying.

That is a little annoying, I haven't looked at the sums for the USA at all, is that down to the fuel costs? I have my heart set in Europe but maybe another year :)

My one comment would be, "what is the focus of the trip?". If it is to cram in a diverse range of cities and cultures then great. You take in Venice, Prague, Zagreb etc. etc. You'll have a ball.

Definitely to get a nice range of cultures and different cities (and hopefully some excellent photos :D) I do still want to drive on some fun roads as well but it looks like I'll get that through the alps.

Back
Top Bottom