Eurotunnel! First time user

Associate
Morning all.

Taking the Z4 on a French adventure this year and it's my first time taking the car abroad, also the first time using the train. So a couple of queries...

When I was booking I mentioned that it was a car with low ground clearance, the advisor helpfully said that they'd book it in as a high vehicle so to assign me to the single level decks and avoid any issues with embarking. Now, I assume this means I just follow the signs in the terminals for vehicles over 1.85m high and ignore the car lanes?

Second, I assume it works a lot like Eurostar in that customs checks are done before embarking both sides so getting off is as simple as driving off and away you go.

Third, sort of related. Any decent pub food near Folkestone? We are travelling on a Sunday with a 8:30pm departure or similar, so planning to take our time driving down and eating en route, then staying in a hotel in Calais for the night

Associate
OP
I would have thought this might depend on Brexit

Granted, but speculation in that area seems fruitless as nobody has any idea what is going to happen. Guess we find out a bit more this week... Maybe... Assuming it isn't all changed again :rolleyes:

When Ive driven through, Ive only ever had passport checks going into France, never any customs checks. Ive only ever had any customs checks coming back home but yes its all done before getting onto the train. Once stopped at the other side you just drive off and go.

Fair enough, sounds a lot like Eurostar then where the French border UK side was very much a case of flash your passport and go, whereas the UK border France side was a thorough check.

Back
Top Bottom