Eve question(s)

Associate
hey ho, firstly, new to the boards :p

basically, ive been playing WoW since ~ march 2005, have racked up ~130 days /played on my main, am in a naxx guild and am getting pretty burned out.

on top of this, i've started full-time employment recently, meaning raiding is near impossible, and i think its time for me to move on.

i'll be ordering a new pc asap (just waitin on my credit card to arrive >_>), and once its sorted there's a few games i've missed out on i wanna play - oblivion springs to mind. Also wanna play more CSS/DoD

After that, i'm gonna be looking for a more long-term thing. I've had eve sitting on my shelve for ages now - only ever gave it 3-4 hours before giving up after being killed by something and not having a clue what was going on :confused:

i've read a lot of good about it, and i think i'll give it another shot - though a few questions:

I assume the levelling/skills system is finite? how long would it take a player to max out level/skills?

End-game (if there is such a thing in eve :S) - am i going to have to rely on x amount of people to be online from y to z time, every day of the week, to be able to acheive anything?

also; the games been out a while now - as a starting char, will i ever be able to 'compete' with those who've been playing since launch?

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom