• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Even if AMD bring out a cheap GPU which beats everything

Caporegime
Nobody who owns a g sync monitor will buy it.

This is a major issue for me. My last two monitors both being g sync, I now need to buy nvidia.

Or can I use AMD perfectly fine so long as it maxes out the refresh rate of 165hz at 1440p?

I like to buy best bang for buck but it seems that once you pick a monitor you have effectively chosen a side. You can no longer switch unless you also sell the monitor which is a huge pita.

Caporegime
OP
People saying sell and go freesync. it's not that easy. selling a monitor you lose hundreds of pounds for no gain in performance. it's hard to ship monitors no parcel company insures them. read the small print. so you have to sell locally on gumtree and people on there offer peanuts for stuff.

however can i not just use an AMD card so long as it maxes out the refresh rate of my monitor?

so my monitor is 165hz. i just need a card which is capable of feeding that. i disable g sync anyway for competitive games. it introduces lag i'm told.

Back
Top Bottom