Even more Star Wars films coming.

Soldato
The chaps behind the GoT series are making a series of Star Wars films :eek:

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”

No release dates have been set for the new films, and there have (thankfully) been no sightings of White Walkers around Lucasfilm.
linky

v0n

v0n

Soldato
The chaps that literally destroyed GoT when original books material dried out are to be given series of Star Wars films? Oh come on, may as well just give it all away, give another series to Lindeloff, yet another to Uwe Boll and ef it - let Tommy Wiseau have one as well. At least James Franco will make a solid, good "making of" movie out of it a decade later.

Caporegime
The chaps that literally destroyed GoT when original books material dried out are to be given series of Star Wars films? Oh come on, may as well just give it all away, give another series to Lindeloff, yet another to Uwe Boll and ef it - let Tommy Wiseau have one as well. At least James Franco will make a solid, good "making of" movie out of it a decade later.

What a load of hyperbolic nonsense, Game of Thrones continues to be brilliant.

Soldato
I wouldn't say they destroyed GoT but it's definitely dropped in quality, though GRRM is just as much to blame for that as they are. They're great at adapting others writers stories for TV, writing them themselves not so much.

The flood of Star Wars movies is going to over saturate the market. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if people are just bored of it by then. I guess it will depend on just how good the next few films are but if there is one way to make people bored of Star Wars of all things it's by releasing a movie every year for the next 10 years.

Caporegime
I'm not excited about this at all.

Be interesting to see what they are actually doing, an interesting story and not something to appease the masses (Han solo) and I could change my mind. Darth bane please :D

Associate
I'm not excited about this at all.

Be interesting to see what they are actually doing, an interesting story and not something to appease the masses (Han solo) and I could change my mind. Darth bane please :D
Find out how many episodes are in a season and watch the last 2. Works for Game Of Thrones. Every episode is just a big advertisement for the next one until the grand finale.

Don
First 6 movies of the series will have the new characters travelling at snails pace from one town to the next with nothing much happening, followed by the remaining 2 squeezing in every possible plot twist, and actions scene imaginable, albeit with our new favourite characters having discovered fast travel points and changing location every 30 seconds...

On the plus side... bewbs! :D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Star Wars is dead for me..... The last Jedi was the last jedi in the coffin. (steam pile of turd it was)

Soldato
Disney are going to completely milk this aren't they. So there's currently another 8 Star Wars movies that we know about so far?

Solo
Ep9
Rian Trilogy
GoT trilogy.

Ridiculous.

Man of Honour
I hope they go a bit more for spectacle that has a bit less in your face or over the top bending of physics (other than in some limited cases with the force) going on, etc. what made the original movies good was that they managed to conjure up the feeling of something much bigger as a backdrop.

Soldato
Disney are going to completely milk this aren't they. So there's currently another 8 Star Wars movies that we know about so far?

Solo
Ep9
Rian Trilogy
GoT trilogy.

Ridiculous.

Never mind the multiple Star Wars TV series that they are working on to distribute on their new platform.

Getting a bit too diluted probably but having been a fan forever I will try each before I cast too many judgements!

Associate
Would be good if they did something like the Revan story. At least they have something to work off rather than making it all up from scratch, which is riskier.

Back
Top Bottom