Event 55, Kernel-Processor-Power Errors?

Associate
I've not had any issues with my pc, but as of last week have been getting this Event 55 error when gaming (cyberpunk 2077), can be after 30 mins or sometimes after 3 hours but pc will just power off. I power it back up and it takes a few mins and bios reverts to default settings. I've tired again with just standard PBO and XMP enabled, still crash. My 4090 was curve optimised with afterburner and I had a +1200mhz OC on memory with power limit of 80% (350w). Both CPU and GPU temps never exceeded 65 degrees when playing CP2077.
I reduced mem OC to +1000mhz still crash. I think I also tried default GPU settings.
Updated AMD chipset drivers to latest version, nvidia drivers latest version, windows updated (Win 11 23H2), Bios updated to latest version (F37h).
Ran the sfc/scannow and following DISM commands all comes back clean no errors.
Ran an OCCT stress test on CPU for around 30 mins no crash.

General desktop usage browsing/videos have not encountered a crash. Googling seems to shoot me off in many different directions so just need some opinions on a method of finding the cause of the issue. The only thing that comes to mind is when I was switching out my old CPU for the 5800x3d I did get a tiny bit of thermal paste in the socket (this was around a year ago). Other than that is my PSU potentially at fault here?

I get about x16 of these logs for each "processor":
Rich (BB code):
Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities:

Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (2 state(s))

Performance state type: ACPI Collaborative Processor Performance Control
Nominal Frequency (MHz): 3401
Maximum performance percentage: 150
Minimum performance percentage: 51
Minimum throttle percentage: 16

Reviewing the Logs again also getting Event ID 125:
Rich (BB code):
ACPI thermal zone \_TZ.PCT0 has been enumerated.             
_PSV = 290K             
_TC1 = 0             
_TC2 = 0             
_TSP = 1000ms             
_AC0 = 0K             
_AC1 = 0K             
_AC2 = 0K             
_AC3 = 0K             
_AC4 = 0K             
_AC5 = 0K             
_AC6 = 0K             
_AC7 = 0K             
_AC8 = 0K             
_AC9 = 0K             
_CRT = 294K             
_HOT = 293K             
minimum throttle = 0             
_CR3 = 0K

My hardware specs in my sig. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That sounds similar to when I was too greedy at undervolting my 3070. Some games would be fine but others just shut down the pc. Take the undervolt off and run it at stock and I had no problems (I assume you have tried this). It took me quite a while to find a "good" undervolt while overclocking the memory but it was worth it in the end as it shaved 100w or so off my max gaming power draw. Set the card back to stock and see if it still happens.

Associate
OP
That sounds similar to when I was too greedy at undervolting my 3070. Some games would be fine but others just shut down the pc. Take the undervolt off and run it at stock and I had no problems (I assume you have tried this). It took me quite a while to find a "good" undervolt while overclocking the memory but it was worth it in the end as it shaved 100w or so off my max gaming power draw. Set the card back to stock and see if it still happens.

Yeah I tired at stock still happened. I think it may have been icue causing this....I have removed it and seems to be ok for now. But need to do more testing to verify.
If it does turn out to be icue I am ever going to do rgb anything again, just not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom