Ever Done Something at a Footmall Match...

Soldato
Ever Done Something at a Football Match...

.. that you've later regretted? Or done something at a football match which was rather embarrassing? I was reading a similar thread on a fans forum earlier and some of the replies were comical.

I'll start off...

Quite a few years ago one of my mates couldn't make a home match so I gave him a bit of cash for his ticket and went along with his mate. I was in the Trent End @ the City Ground which was making quite a racket.

Paul Hart had recently taken over from David Platt and Platt became a bit of a hated figure after he spent a load of cash on 36 year old past it Italians and nearly bankrupted us. We scored and shortly after the goal the Trent End erupted to the chorus of:

E I E I E I OH,
Up the football league we go,
When we win promotion, this is what we'll sing,
We are Forest, We are Forest Harty is our king.

Now the key point here is 'Harty', I actually shouted at the top of my voice in the excitement PLATTY. The people in earshot were not amused and gave me the most utter looks of disgust. To hide my embarrassment I went to get some hot chocolate for me and my mate.

On the way back I stumbled on the steps spilling this scorching hot chocolate over both my hands and with nothing other than getting back to my seat in my mind I had to grin and bear the pain whilst barging past people to get back to my seat and hand over a drink before squeeling at the pain from my burnt hands.

Over to you...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom