Everton and zero money - Updated 17/11/23

Caporegime
Or in other words, it depends entirely on LFC building a new stadium and not renovating? :p

No not at all... as I see it, it all depends on LCC and if they'd give planning permission to either build a new stadium or redevelop Goodison where it is.

LFC would be left in the lurch... or another stadium would be built and they'd pay us the rent. Technically speaking. ;) :D

But the idea of a new stadium or redeveloping Goodison would be the major sticking point for them investing / buying the club I think.

Don
Or in other words, it depends entirely on LFC building a new stadium and not renovating? :p

The Football Quarter can go ahead regardless of whether we build a new stadium or redevelop Anfield. In fact if what Azza's saying is true, it would be better for Everton if we redeveloped Anfield. If we build on SP then Everton's only hope of staying in the area would be if they get permission to redevelop Goodison, which as we're finding with Anfield, could prove very difficult.

I'm not sure why Everton would need to build a new stadium or redevelop though. Tickets for the derby were on general sale a couple of days before the game (not sure if they sold out) and I've just read that the attendance at Goodison yesterday was the lowest for an Everton-Utd game in 18 years.

edit: On the Indian link; the other month somebody mentioned something on RAWK that an Indian firm had been hired by LCC to carry out the redeveloement work in the Anfield area as part of our stadium situation and also mentioned something about them acquiring a minority stake in LFC as part of it all.

Not sure whether it's true or whether it's linked to what Azza's posted though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
In tomorrow's Mirror.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...s-with-Indian-conglomerate-article824651.html

Everton supremo Bill Kenwright is in talks with the Jain Group – a wealthy Indian company – about becoming his club’s financial saviour.

The Mumbai-based conglomerate are huge in their own country, with energy and property businesses, and they now want to expand into England.

Jain have their sights on Everton as a possible project, pumping in cash for a new ground.

Leading officials from the company are looking into ways of buying Everton or lending them money, with Kenwright kept on in some capacity – and boss David Moyes given a boost in the process.

The Toffees have been on a tight budget for a few years and Kenwright is actively looking for a buyer or backer.

edit------------->

Should point out that there is nothing knew there that wasn't already known. It looks to me like they know naff all and just picked up their info from Daisy Cutter and a couple of forums, where the info is coming from at the moment!

Last edited:
Associate
Caporegime
The Jain Group are apparently going to talk about their position with all this in the next few hours!

I've got my tissues ready.... it's either going to be one thing or another! :eek: :D

Caporegime
Supposed leaked internal emails from within the club

www.toffeeweb.com/season/11-12/comment/fan/19656.html

If that page doesn't load you can find them here as well - www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,15350.0/msg,332029.html

Ian Ross ([email protected]) is Evertons head of communication. Robert Elstone is the clubs CEO. Will Hanrahan is a media communicationst expert when it comes to crisis / problems. On his website - www.hanrahanmedia.tv/training-corporate-and-advertising/communications it even states 'a major Premiership club' as one of its clients.

Its all very damming to be honest.

Caporegime
Looks like they're real. Everton are conducting an internal investigation and have had or are still having a board meeting right now. Ian Ross will probably get the sack!

Caporegime
Forgot to update this thread.

Ross was 'moved' to another job within the club... which apparently had nothing to do with the leaked emails. He also claimed privately that his email was hacked into. :rolleyes:

And then today this - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...c-press-officer-paul-tyrrell-100252-29839254/

But Everton officials insist the decision is not a direct result of last week’s e-mail revelations which embarrassed the club.

lol, if you say so. Looks like we're outsourcing media relations now! :D

Caporegime
Last week Jags said we were being held back by lack of investment, Heitinga also talking about lack of improvement due to no money. Today Saha has said that he found selling Arteta and getting Drenthe on loan at the last minute as "disturbing". He also talked about the lack of investment, but then again if we did have money he'd be on the bench! :D

Bilyaletdinov said last week that he wants to leave and the managerial staff know he wants to leave.

Moyes is starting to get a lot of stick over 'cos of his generally negative dour ginger tactics, and constantly playing his favourites and this 4-5-1 system.

Barry Horne has said Everton must drop their asking price and there is credible talk that Bill is asking for ~£150m for the club. Which is just bat **** crazy, and the club will never get sold if it's at that price!

Caporegime
Players can always make it seem like its not their fault, though personally I think Moyes is significantly to blame, not entirely but, I don't think his buys have been outstanding, buying big on Saha who was a serious injury risk was daft, and yakubu was daft, sure he's playing well now, but he's a lazy git who gets bored after 6-12 months and then does nothing till he gets a new contract or a move.

Billy seems pretty good every time I see him, which is rarely and I'm not sure but, has he ever got a real run in the team like 10 games or so relatively in a row, say starting 10 out of 15 games or something. Playing Arteta as a DM almost was daft, but then Arsenal do that now as well.

As for the cost of Everton, I think you guys need to realise how MASSIVELY profitable being in the premier league is, debt or not 150mil is cheap for a premier league club. Just because other clubs have been either desperate to sell or in deeper trouble doesn't devalue what Everton can be worth with a bit of investment.

When you talk about business on that kind of scale you're talking about 15mil profit a year over a 10 year return to pay back the 150mil outlay, people buy businesses to return a LOT less than that over a much bigger length of time.

Back
Top Bottom