EVGA G2 Replacement Cables

Associate
Hello :] I recently picked up a used EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 that was missing a few cables and need to power to a PowerColor RX580 Red Devil which requires both an 8pin and 6pin connector. In my naivety, I found a "replacement" on eBay that had come from an EVGA 1000w GQ. Luckily, I did some research before installing anything and avoided a smoked GPU, which some other poor souls had learned. So, after trawling the web without much joy, where on earth can I get just one EVGA G2 dual 6+2 PCIE cable? I know CableMod do some but they only seem to be come in sets and I don't need the other cables nor the added expense lol

Any ideas are greatly appreciated :)

Thank you :]

Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Hat's off to you for doing some research before plugging those cables in as the G2 and GQ are made by completely different manufacturers and could have left you with a hefty bill. Never ever plug in cables not specifically for the particular psu, the pinouts are likely to be wrong and using cables that are not for the psu could result in a catastrophic failure resulting in the death of one or more components in a pc. Only use cables from the psu or ones that specifically state they are for a certain psu. The G2 is Made by Superflower for EVGA and is based on their own Leadex Gold platform. The GQ series are built by FSP for EVGA.

For a single cable I think your best bet would be to contact EVGA directly and see if they can sort you out. Buying a used psu with cables missing is a false economy as nine times out of ten the missing cables are the ones that you actually need and then you may need to buy several cables that can only be gotten from a full cable set and you end up spending much more than if you just bought a brand new psu in the first place.

As above, hit up EVGA directly. Maybe even tweet them.
Needed a replacement 24pin cable after the wife binned the one for my leadex psu. Sent them a tweet asking where I could buy one but instead they arranged with OcUK to have a cable sent to me from the next rma they had. Quality cs from both Leadex/Superflower and OcUK.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

I think you're right Pasty, it is a false economy and in retrospect I should have just bought a new one, but I was trying to be frugal lol
I'll tweet them Kwango and see what they say, however, since this post, I did find Shakmods do sleeved PSU Cables for the G2 (https://shakmods.com/shop&#!/6-2-Pi...-with-Cable-combs/p/53781130/category=5711378) for which I can tell them my PSU model number and they'll send the correct ones out. I have got some of shakmods extensions cables and find them of good quality myself.
I'm probably looking around £30 for two of them :o

Thanks again guys :]

Hi Taz, is this cable any use to you, it comes from a cablemod set its 2x 6 pin +2 for EVGA supernova G2 750w . you can have it FOC

vQM4VEm.jpg

Hi Kurgen, that would do the trick to power my RX580 if you're 100% certain its for a G2 :] Have you got an eBay account I could purchase it through? :] and I'm sorry, I'm not sure what FOC stands for, I'm a newbie to the forum lingo clearly lol

Kind Regards,
Taz

Hey Kurgen, that's a really nice gesture, thank you :] I THINK I have just enabled trust but I may be wrong, if you don't mind giving it another go? If it doesn't work, I really appreciate the gesture :)

Kind Regards,
Taz

and that is why these forums are pretty cool :D

fair play to you @Kurgen

Definitely Kwango :]

But also, before Kurgens offer, I’d contacted EVGA who have in turn replied this morning requesting I send them a copy of the receipt for the PSU. Obviously buying second hand off eBay leaves me without a proper receipt so would have been out of luck with that lol

Back
Top Bottom