• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA GTX 1060 6GB - Superposition Benchmark Win7 vs Win10 :(

Associate
Hello, I hope I can find the answer on this forum. I have Windows 7 on SSD, and Windows 10 on another SSD. My graphics card is EVGA GTX 1060 superclocked, and I have found out that when running the Unigine Superposition on windows 7, I get a 1k higher score, and higher FPS than when running the benchmark on windows 10. Does anyone know what is that the case? And how can I get same results on Windows 10 as windows7? I have the screenshot below:

Windows7:
2aa0h7d.jpg

Windows10:
298q50.png

Man of Honour
Make sure Windows 10 has finished doing any updates and isn't doing stuff like anti-malware scans in the background and that features like DVR/game mode are disabled.

Associate
OP
Make sure Windows 10 has finished doing any updates and isn't doing stuff like anti-malware scans in the background and that features like DVR/game mode are disabled.
I made sure the system was idle when I ran the benchmark. That is the regular score that everyone is getting, I saw a number of videos with same results like me on GTX 1060 6gb on windows 10 Superposition benchmark.

Soldato
In your Windows 10 install, GPU max utilization isn't reaching 100% so something's wrong there. In this vid with a GTX 1060, the utilization reaches 100% and score of 3565 is obtained:

As for Windows 7 install, maybe Superposition doesn't work as properly as it should. Maybe reporting 4K while actually running at less?

Have you tried with Unigine Valley and Heaven to see if the same happens?

Associate
OP
*Figured it out. Gsync was on, on Windows 10, thus the frame rate and the score was so much lower. I turned Gsync off and now the scores are identical.

Back
Top Bottom