• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA Warrany Trouble!

Soldato
Had a faulty GTX 460,it wouldn't boot up every time, sent it to EVGA, they got it today, had this reply today and a picture of the card.

The card wasn't damaged when i sent it, and was well packed for its trip to Germany ,lots of bubble wrap etc.

Im shocked at the reply, i haven't done this damage, and to me ,damage there is surely cosmetic and wouldn't effect the card in any way, its also rich they are wanting 150 euros to replace an end of life card, are they trying it on ?

Dear Mr.xxxxxxxxx

we received your card with Serial number 1219141373602007. Unfortunately the PCB of the card is damaged, please find picture attached. A physical damage to the PCB is not covered by our warranty and is leading to a total loss. We can offer to replace the card for a fee of 150,00€ otherwise we would have to send it back. Please let we know what you would prefer.

Kind regards

Stefan Brand

UPDATE 19/03/2012 ALL SORTED
Thank you EVGA,

A nice package arrived this afternoon, some bonus goodies and an upgrade, glad it's all sorted.

Many Thanks :D

5601c.jpg

5602n.jpg

5603a.jpg

5604co.jpg

5605y.jpg

Last edited:
Its also an RMA for a RMA , if the card they sent in the 1st place was good, this wouldnt have happened. You live and learn though, ive crossed EVGA off my list, the fact you have to pay over the odds to send to Germany is a huge negative.

I tell you what, you can keep the card, and place it where the sun dont shine, you are not on my list of future graphics card purchases.

Hi,

Here are a couple pictures of the package as it was received. Each product is inspected for damage upon opening the package so that we can document how the product was received and the condition of the packaging. In this case, there did not look to be sufficient packing material to prevent the moving of the product during transit and there looks to be the impact point of the damage that occurred on the side of the box (second picture below). Unfortunately, we would not be able to cover this under warranty. You may try to claim the damage with the shipper, which they would come pick up the package from EVGA with a call tag once you have made your claim. The replacement price does look to be a bit high to me so we will contact you with a lower price offer to replace the card.

img5674.png

img5678.png

EVGA, do the right thing and send him an RMA replacement, is £120 or whatever a 460 goes for these days worth the bad publicity?

1500 people have read this thread, when i put it on other forums in the next hr or so, maybe 10,000?

Just getting some screengrabs, they have picked on the wrong dude here.

Thank you very much

Balb0wa, you will be contacted ASAP with details of this, but I can confirm RMA is good and you will be sent a new card. I have also spoken with the chaps in Munich and you might also get a t-shirt or two...even some mouse pads. They will contact you soon to arrange.

Note to all customers: Warranty/support is something EVGA takes very seriously. You the customers make EVGA what it is, and we always try and go the extra mile where possible to ensure consumers always get the best experience. However this does highlight a valid point, always take images of how cards are packed when sending away for RMA. It is not the consumer or EVGA's fault if the card is damaged en route, which is why taking a few images to back up your case is a good thing. I hope this and Nic's continued efforts will support the claim that EVGA gives the best possible service to customer at ALL times. It also points out the fact that we deal with customers as individuals, and always listen to feedback.

Back
Top Bottom