Evo XL - White

Associate
Wondering how long it would take lol

No it is the 1200W at the time when I got all the items the black was only in stock and Phanteks/OC had no idea when the whites would be in stock. So I figured I wouldnt actually ever see it! So just closed my eyes and clicked the order button

I pretend its white
Lol sorry! :)

I'm pretty much shamelessly going to copy your build minus the custom loop and the moment, so apologies for all the questions!

What speed memory did you end up going with in? As that's probably the last thing I need to figure out, as I am very much out of the loop on current DDR5 memory.

Looking forward to seeing your build all come together!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
No problem, I went with "G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 48 GB (2 x 24 GB) DDR5 8200 MHz CL40 - White"

However from what I hear it comes very much down to the motherboard what speed you can achieve.

Associate
OP
Okay well absolute nightmare...... thought I would just boot into Bios to check everything. Switch it on everything came to life, even all my RGB which I was amazed at considering a lot of changes to Lian Li system.

Then I noticed, no display!! Then I saw it....... CODE 00........................

Seems this is a major problem and could be a RMA, so already contancted Asus.

I have removed all items down the base board and even with no CPU or anything installed I still get the same code 00.

Associate
OP
Well after I got a email back from Asus last night stating I had to go through the the RMA of who I brought it from, who was the damn ASUS store direct! I even gave them the order number.

I thought I would have a go at just stripping the system down and starting again. So this time I went a single component at a time, so inserted the CPU and switch it on (on/off switch on the MOBO is a game changer), successful boot to missing RAM error code. So I then went to insert the water block back plate, the contact frame, the RAM, each time I was switching it on to ensure a correct error code.

Until the entire system was back, I cant explain how relieved I was to at least get this far and it seem to be working okay. Next I went thought I would just check I could get into the Bios okay, so plugged a monitor in and booted...... No display, VGA error.... So again stripped this out and then tried without the riser cable and strimmer power cable, straight boot all green lights. Then I tried with the riser cable and all fine, then I plugged in the strimmer extension, No display..... So it was something with the strimmer extension, reading around I found that it seems to be the sensor cable pins can work out slightly, so after a lot of playing with the cable connections, BOOM! display to bios.

Therefore I have finished up the pipework and this is no on pressure test for a hour to check all okay, then ill get the wiring sorted and start a fill. Then final jobs of cleaning up, wiping all chrome, also fixing the pump grommet in place as I now know where I like the cable to route.

Associate
OP
Well that could have been the worst 4 hours of my life. Was having an awful day with work, so thought take my mind off things, obviously not in the right frame of mind as been working since 2am.....

Filled the res and turned on the pump, started filling. However then I noticed I didnt connect the CPU return from when I was doing pressure test checking, so fluid spat all over the lower part of the motherboard and some of the GPU:(:(:(:(

After hitting myself for a good 10 minutes, I immediately stripped everything down, removed the MB, cleaned as much fluid as I could off and removed heatsinks etc, then doused in IPA and used 3 cans of compressed air to ensure it go under everything. Then left my big gym fan blowing over it for a hour while I sorted the case etc, luckily the blue is some bright its easy to clean up, but gets everywhere.

Then rebuilt the whole system, plugged it all in and then held my breath...... posted to Bios :D, I am not counting my chickens yet until its on and benchmarking but its a good sign. So now its filled and will be just leak testing for 12 hours with an insane amount of paper as I dont want to take any chances this time.

Associate
OP
Stunning build - I'd love to see how you've routed the tubing behind the GPU & motherboard
Thanks mate, I am awaiting the final cable from Cablemod for the USB-C Power slot, so when I open her back up ill snap some pics for you.

Really please how it turned out in the end and the performance is insane.

Even with the fans at 600RPM and whisper quiet, still keeping under 35c on water temps and under 50c on GPU.

Still need to sort cables out now.

Associate
OP
Full specs

Intel 14900K
G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 48 GB (2 x 24 GB) DDR5 8200 MHz CL40 - White
Asus Apex Motherboard
Asus Strx 4090 OC
Phantek 1200W 3.1 PSU

Alphacool Rise Flat Reservoir D5 with VPP755 Pump
Alphacool 3x 420mm UT60 radiators
Alphacool Core 1 CPU Block
EK 4090 ASUS Strix GPU Block
Barrow fittings
EK Blue Coolant

Lian Li XL
Lian Li Riser Cable
Lian Li INF140 Fans x 12

Associate
Full specs

Intel 14900K
G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 48 GB (2 x 24 GB) DDR5 8200 MHz CL40 - White
Asus Apex Motherboard
Asus Strx 4090 OC
Phantek 1200W 3.1 PSU

Alphacool Rise Flat Reservoir D5 with VPP755 Pump
Alphacool 3x 420mm UT60 radiators
Alphacool Core 1 CPU Block
EK 4090 ASUS Strix GPU Block
Barrow fittings
EK Blue Coolant

Lian Li XL
Lian Li Riser Cable
Lian Li INF140 Fans x 12
Just finally got my hands on the White version of the card, after waiting for it to be in stock at a good price. Only issue is a white motherboard now, the only one I can really see that would fit the look in the z790- Maximus Formula, as the Apex Encore is black... :(

Back
Top Bottom