Evolution or God

Associate
Hi bit of a strange topic but through some strange YT algorithm I have gone down the rabbit hole.

I've been watching a lot of SciManDan debunk flat earth conspiracies and Professor Dave explains. I don't believe in any conspiracy or the flat earth model, I've been to School and learnt how the stuff around us happened all from the big bang, throughout billions of years were here now due to evolution.

Now someone I have come across is Kent Hovind who believes in creation, god made us all 6000 years ago, stars/humans the full lot.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but does anyone in here believe we were all created by God? It would be interesting to get your opinions and how you have come to this conclusion? I want to try and understand what made us go down a different path? Is it just down to pure religion? Believing in the Bible? Or have I got this all wrong :confused:

I hope this topic is ok to post, I'm not trying to aim hate at Religion.

Last edited:
God didn’t create the universe 6000 years ago. Anyone who believes that has been drinking the same kool aid as Putin. And I am a Catholic.

He is a Christian fundamentalist evangelist, what ever that meana. He absolutely is convinced everything was created 6000 years ago.

Which God, there are so many?

Presume the one in the Bible? Moses and we all descended from Adam and Eve.

It just goes to show you even here, there isn't a definitive answer or belief, we just dont know.

I have come to realise believing in we were created by a 'God' doesn't sound as daft as we evolved from some sort of soup 4 billion years ago.

If you know we don't know, why do you feel any need to pretend you know? That's what belief is - a claim of knowing.

All that making up an external entity does is evade the "how did it happen?" question away by moving the "how did it happen?" question from humans to the entity you make up. It's not an answer. It's a way to avoid the question by pretending it's been answered. Sounds a bit daft to me.

Also, you're confusing biogenesis with evolution. They're completely different things.

I don't feel the need to pretend, I just don't know. Can you name anyone who does? If so end of discussion. This does not mean I have a belief, I am open-minded. Kent Hovind has a belief we were created by God, hence this thread Creationist or Evolutionism. Evolution or God.

This topic was created as an open discussion, Kent Hovind's argument is exactly what I wrote, go and watch some of his videos. He often uses the word evolved from 'soup' when debating creationism, often stating evolution did not happen, after all a frog is a frog. When has it ever been different and how come we cannot see a frog changing into something else now? Why billions of years ago? Why hasn't a rabbit developed wings? If this was to happen in a lab it exactly falls into his creation belief, we were created.

I find this topic interesting, I am not claiming I know how evolution works or biogenesis. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word 'we' :)

The term evolution is widely used, but the term evolutionism is not used in the scientific community to refer to evolutionary biology as it is redundant and anachronistic.[6]

However, the term has been used by creationists in discussing the creation–evolution controversy.[6] For example, the Institute for Creation Research, in order to imply placement of evolution in the category of 'religions', including atheism, fascism, humanism and occultism, commonly uses the words evolutionism and evolutionist to describe the consensus of mainstream science and the scientists subscribing to it, thus implying through language that the issue is a matter of religious belief.[10] The BioLogos Foundation, an organization that promotes the idea of theistic evolution, uses the term "evolutionism" to describe "the atheistic worldview that so often accompanies the acceptance of biological evolution in public discourse." It views this as a subset of scientism.

Please tell me you're joking right?

Do you know how long life and organisms have been around? I'd reccomend reading "The Greatest Show On Earth" Its tough going at times but helps with putting the timeline in perspective.

"wHy cAnT wE sEe mOnKeYs eVoLvE iN tO hUmAnS"

Is that question aimed at me? I'm simply putting forward questions used by creationism, to be more specific Kent Hovind, he has noted this in numerous videos posted on his channel. The post you quoted is questions he asks.

I know nothing :D

Back
Top Bottom