Exam 70-480 Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3

Associate
$150 is a lot for something you can watch YouTube videos for, and for something so basic I doubt people would really acknowledge it.

.Net, Oracle SQL.. perhaps, but I am not sure about JS and CSS. I think the best proof that you have the ability in web development is a portfolio.

Just my thoughts, but if you really want it and consider it a investment go for it!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
$150 is a lot for something you can watch YouTube videos for, and for something so basic I doubt people would really acknowledge it.

.Net, Orcale SQL.. perhaps, but I am not sure about JS and CSS. I think the best proof that you have the ability in web development is a portfolio.

Just my thoughts, but if you really want it and consider it a investment go for it!

exactly what I was thinking

Associate
exactly what I was thinking

If you want to learn not only HTML, CSS and JS but also PHP, Ruby, Python and other skills related to web development I would advise using websites like Codecademy (free), TeamTreeHouse (friendly) or CodeSchool.

Do some personal websites, develop websites for friends but never get into the trap of doing things for free - always require a sum, even if it is miniscule.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yes that's what I'm doing. I'm going through CBT Nuggets: Beginning Web Development at the moment, I know most of it but been a while since I touched it. After that I'm not sure where to go to get a more advanced understanding of the technologies. TeamTreeHouse looks good but will it cover enough for me to make responsive web sites?

Associate
Yes that's what I'm doing. I'm going through CBT Nuggets: Beginning Web Development at the moment, I know most of it but been a while since I touched it. After that I'm not sure where to go to get a more advanced understanding of the technologies. TeamTreeHouse looks good but will it cover enough for me to make responsive web sites?

I would get to grips with HTML/CSS enough that you feel you can create a basic site and then start learning PHP.

Yes, TeamTreeHouse would prepare you enough to make responsive websites, but I don't think it takes that much effort, especially when frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap exist (documentation on both is concise). You're just essentially using media queries after all.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Foundation looks very good to me, how does this compare to Wordpress themes?

EDIT: On a side note anyone see this site: http://www.vmgs.com/ love the '3D' style banner in the middle, wonder how it was done??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom