Excel - Combining Multiple Files into 1 Master

Soldato
Is there a quick/easy way to do this?

I'm about to be sent around 200 worksheets, all with varying numbers of rows. The worksheet also has a few redundant rows at the top so the actual column headers start around row 7 and then the detail below that.

I vaguely recall an old boss having a macro set up, but this was for predefined named files. These will all be uniquely named and not something i'll know until i get them. Don't know if there's a way to just say "merge all files in folder X"

Would also need a column to with the source file name included.

Kind of hoping this is possible as otherwise i'm estimating around 2 days of work to merge them all manually! Although it feels like anything automated is going to need an element of opening each file to make changes etc so i might as well just do copy and paste if i'm doing that.

EDIT - Just to add that this is a one off piece of work, no need for it to be recurring or to monitor the source files for changes.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

cheers. I saw that but it looked like it kept individual sheets. I need all 200 workbooks collated onto one sheet.

I’ll look at Powerquery. I had seen that through a bit of googling but I wasn’t sure if it was just as quick doing it manually.

On the plus side it’s something for my dad who said he’d expect it to take around 6 days and will pay me for 6 days work!

Back
Top Bottom