Excel - Help

Soldato
Wasn't sure where to post this query. But hopefully someone could provide some guidance to figure out where it's all going wrong. This is posted on a friends behalf.

Please refer to attached instruction form below.

Before no. 1 I have converted the data, from its numbers displayed in terms of money, to units. I have done this by adding each row together and creating a total for each row and then dividing each of these totals by the unit price and this total also being the same as the forecast number of units per product per week (Demand).

Then I had to use the NI Labour Data worksheet, to calculate the average units packed per minute per person. I did this by using an AVERAGE formulae and dragging down on the numbers in the given data. To convert this average to the number of units packed per week per person, I researched that average number of hours a factory worker works in the UK and I found this to be 44 hours. I then worked out how many minutes were in 44 hours, 43.1 multiplied by 60 (1hr) and multiplying the outcome of that calculation by 44. Resulting in 113,784.

To calculate the number of packers required each week, I then divided Forecast number of units per product per week (Demand) by 113,784, and dragged this formula down.

I now have to put this data (the capacity and demand) into a graph using excel. I firstly add the capacity data and all looks well, I then have to add in the demand data an this is where the problem arises. It displays the newly added demand data but has made the capacity data completely disappear off of the graph. I had to be selective with the data I used due to there being some very large numbers in the demand column which were distorting figures. I did not use a product which had a unit demand at 2000 or above. As well as this I did not use the data of products which had no figures all along (represented by a '-' in each cell).

I put this problem down to here being an issue somewhere long the line with the data I have calculated but I do not know where and how. It appears to be because of there being such big number differences between the capacity and demand data.

slqy3s.jpg

(If anyone needs to refer to the blank and completed(with what seems my incorrect workings) excel documents provide to be able to provide any guidance this can be arranged via trust)

Back
Top Bottom