Excel - Look for an identical string on other sheets once a tickbox is activated

Soldato
I work in a school and I get quite involved in data and assessment. I've been asked by a colleague to look at setting up some spreadsheets to record students progress as they move through the school. Each student would have their own spreadsheet with all subjects rather than each tutor group having its own spreadsheet for each subject with all the students in that tutor group having their levels recorded that way.

What I've been asked for is that for each statement that is achieved, a tickbox is enabled depending on where the achievement was made. The options are "Home, School or Voluntary". Another request is that once a statement has been achieved the cell colour activates to give a visual hint that the achievement has taken place. I've sorted that bit out but what I'm stuck on is how to, once the tickbox has been enabled, get Excel to run through all the sheets (each subject will have its own sheet) and where it finds that a matching statement, e.g. "I can count to 100", is present on another subject's sheet, that statement is marked as achieved by way of the corresponding tickbox being enabled. So if a teacher says that for English a certain statement has been achieved by a student, the spreadsheet will on activation of the tickbox, run through all the other sheets and where it finds the same statement, the tickbox under 'S' (for school) will be ticked.

I hope this makes sense. This will be a big VBA project and this is an area I have little to no experience of so I will need a helping hand. :) If anyone needs more info to be able to understand what I'm asking for, just post your questions and I'll do my best to make things clearer.

Back
Top Bottom