1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excel/Sheets Help

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by Vipernet, 16 Aug 2017.

1. Vipernet

Mobster

Hi guys, I've created a little scheduling spreadsheet based in Google Sheets for my work. It allows us to allocate various Trucks and Drivers to jobs. I've got a seperate sheet where I input all the Truck Names and Drivers Names, and each new sheet has all these trucks and drivers listed.

However, I need to seperate the trucks into their vehicle types (van, 3.5t, 7.5t etc) so it's easy to identify what type of truck each registration number refers too. I've tried formatting the cells into different colours depending on vehicle type but when the data is transferred into a sheet it's not copying the formatting.

How can I make it copy the formatting of a cell so it pastes both the value and cell format, not just the value?

My code so far is: =iferror(filter(T2:T,isna(match(trim(T2:T),trim(M7:M),0))))

Which works, but just doesn't copy the cell format.

Cheers!

2. beh

Wise Guy

If you reference another cell you only get it's value, I don't believe it's possible to get the formatting easily. Can you not just use conditional formatting on the scheduling spreadsheet?

3. Mark M

Mobster

Might be just as easy to use a vlookup for the reg/type?

4. Vipernet

Mobster

Did conditional formatting for now, but hadn't thought of vlookup. Thanks guys.

5. Vipernet

Mobster

I just created a few rules that for each registration number that would colour the cells the relevant colour. Tis working for the moment.