Excel Wizards

Associate
I have a random question for any MS excel wizards out there, does anybody know what formula to use in order to track my current loan amount in excel?

So if I give an example if I had a loan of £4000 and was repaying £100 a month I want excel to know which month it is currently now and minus £100 off of the total loan amount without input from me. For example if the loan was taken out in July in August I want excel to show the loan as £3900 automatically as it now detects its august and has taken this amount away from it.

I want to do this so I can keep track of my families loans as logging into the many various accounts is quite tedious. I always pay my monthly direct debits so the excel document will stay true to life.

Thankyou in advance!

Associate
OP
Hi thankyou for your reply, I dont mind about it being the specific date just the overall month ie July, August etc, with your formula where am I putting the -100 and where do I tell it which cell the overall amount is, ie the 4000? My knowledge of excel isnt fantastic so you will have to spoon feed me somewhat lol

Associate
OP
Thankyou very much I have implemented this on my spreadsheet now and I can confirm that it is working! You are indeed a wizard :cry:

Back
Top Bottom