*** Exciting changes are coming to Overclockers UK! ***

OcUK Staff
Hey everyone,

We want to share with you some new changes coming to Overclockers UK! - We would love to hear all of your feedback in this thread, thanks again for being a part of our journey!

EXCITING CHANGES ARE COMING TO OVERCLOCKERS UK
Over the past few months, we have been working hard to upgrade our website. We are extremely happy with the new look and hope you folks are too.

We would love to hear feedback from our customers to ensure we continue to deliver a good experience. We therefore invite you all to explore what the new site has to offer.

https://store.overclockers.co.uk/

RESET YOUR PASSWORD
As we are moving to an entirely different e-commerce platform, we are unable to transfer your encrypted password. The first time you log in, you will be prompted to change your password. All you have to do is follow the on-screen instructions.

FORUM FREE SHIPPING
The new website is on a different database so please link to your Overclockers UK forum account in the Profile section after logging in.

ORDER HISTORY
Please note your order history will not be fully synced between the websites. We imported all completed orders since 2018 although some very recent orders may not appear. Any missing orders will be imported when we fully transfer to the new website.

ACCOUNT CREDITS AND GIFT CARDS
During the transition period, the new website will not be enabled for gift cards or existing credit as a method of payment. When the old website is discontinued, account credits will automatically be converted into a gift card code that can be used at the checkout, as a part or full payment. You will receive updates by email at the time. Until then, you can still spend your account credit on the old website.

OVERCLOCKERS UK’S NEW HOME
Our new website platform is fully responsive with improved search functionality. Moving to this new platform will enable us to add many more exciting features in the future.

We hope you like the new website and enjoy your time there. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

The Overclockers UK Team

Last edited:
Associate
I must say it's very much like the bigger stores however, I don't think that's a bad thing. I've just had a scroll through and to me, it's so much more accessible, I always struggled before knowing what's in stock and distinguishing pages or sections of the website apart. I can now find what I want to much quicker. Time well spent

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Some quick feedback (web dev):

• Your cookie notice breaks the page with adblock running. I just see the tinted overlay and cannot scroll or interact with the site in any way. Something to monitor if your conversion drops, I'm sure a lot of the demographic are like me and run ad & script blockers.
  • The latest blogs section on the homepage loses it's grid between fullsizing and shrinking my screen size.
  • Homepage is a bit of a clusterfudge of content but I guess that's for SEO reasons.
  • Product lists at iPhone SE screen size are in two columns which is a little squashed in my opinion. Would look better as a single column up to larger handset sizes.
  • On mobile it might be beter to dock the filter option as opposed to only showing on scroll-up, plus the button takes up a bit of vertical space on its own in no-mans-land.
  • No product comparisons? Might not be deemed useful, and could be a lot of admin. But being able to compare like-for-like features on products such as mobos would be an advantage. Product descriptions are varied and you end up leaving the site to find a better comparison (where you might be shown a better affiliated offer). Having tabulated data you can compare side-by-side quickly might be an advantage for some.
Otherwise, for a site with a huge variety of stock it's not bad at all and I'm sure it will evolve. Well worth A/B testing future changes and monitoring conversion. The search is super snappy which makes life much easier, you could maybe draw more attention to that.

Soldato
Quite a few things highlighted here that i don't think have been addressed yet, i still prefer the look of the old site i think. Just looks cleaner and better coordinated i feel.

Overclockers UK New Website Launch! Queries Thread | Page 5 | Overclockers UK Forums

The filter on the new site is better but far from perfect, there's a lot of options missing that competitor sites have that would make ocuk's site so much easier to use.

Associate
I mostly agree with what's been said already, i looked at it before but never commented. To be honest i think the new site feels cheap to look at, it functions quicker however. I think the issue is with the colours mostly, the old site has less obvious contrast, the new one is just full on massive blocks of contrast. If that were addressed it could very well feel completely different. The menu where you hover over "PC systems, gaming, etc" is just a huge block of colour, the old site was transparent.

I couldn't disable cookies on the mobile site, simply couldn't get to the accept buttons. That often makes me just click back and not visit.

Soldato
You need more filtering options, for example I can't filter motherboard types by ITX, ATX etc. You couldn't do this on the old site and I find it annoying!
I agree on this same with the old site need to be able to filter more on products. The one that annoyed me was monitors I would like to filter on IPS, VA, TN, refresh rate, resolution etc.
I can on competitors websites why not on OCUK website ? Does sometimes put me off looking for a particular monitor type when I can just go somewhere else, select IPS and it shows me them all.

Also just noticed after resetting my password it does not show my forum name on my profile page. Does this mean no more free shipping for forum members ? :eek:

Soldato
Still think you should roll back to 2014 store lol. Don't think I've bought anything since you changed that original store front.

It's just too much huge tiles in my face, can't stand it and just log off.

Soldato
I mostly agree with what's been said already, i looked at it before but never commented. To be honest i think the new site feels cheap to look at, it functions quicker however. I think the issue is with the colours mostly, the old site has less obvious contrast, the new one is just full on massive blocks of contrast. If that were addressed it could very well feel completely different. The menu where you hover over "PC systems, gaming, etc" is just a huge block of colour, the old site was transparent.

I couldn't disable cookies on the mobile site, simply couldn't get to the accept buttons. That often makes me just click back and not visit.
Well said, that's exactly how i feel with the colours and contrast between them!

I feel there's so much potential to get this new store front right, maybe their working on it still hence why the old store is still active and links back to it.

OcUK Staff
OP
Update:

FORUM FREE SHIPPING

The new website is on a different database so please link to your Overclockers UK forum account in the Profile section after logging in.

Last edited:
Soldato
On the new log-on screen, you might want to clarify to users why they need to reset their password, because when I see a notice like that on other sites I immediately assume there's been a breach of some kind.

I know that isn't the case and you've explained above, but for those landing on that page it might cause concern.

Associate
Placed an order earlier this month via the new store - it's such a nicer user experience than the current! Lookin' a lot more professional

Soldato
More filtering options required for products otherwise its just a prettier version of what you already have.
Other retailers have these options and its far more convenient for browsing/shopping to narrow down what I am looking for and therefore they are much more likely to get my money.

Soldato
Update:

FORUM FREE SHIPPING

On the one hand yes, free shipping does appear if logged in.

But on the other it appears to require £50 these days. Is that correct?

tmp.png

OcUK Staff
OP
On the one hand yes, free shipping does appear if logged in.

But on the other it appears to require £50 these days. Is that correct?

tmp.png

There is currently a technical issue with Royal Mail (which is usually what the lower value items would ship out on via the free delivery). But we're working with them to fix the problem and will hopefully have this fixed next week. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
On the new log-on screen, you might want to clarify to users why they need to reset their password, because when I see a notice like that on other sites I immediately assume there's been a breach of some kind.

I know that isn't the case and you've explained above, but for those landing on that page it might cause concern.

Hey @TheVoice thank you for mentioning this. We've updated the comment box and have linked to this page: https://store.overclockers.co.uk/new-website

KWDrpCi.png

OcUK Staff
OP
Some quick feedback (web dev):

• Your cookie notice breaks the page with adblock running. I just see the tinted overlay and cannot scroll or interact with the site in any way. Something to monitor if your conversion drops, I'm sure a lot of the demographic are like me and run ad & script blockers.
  • The latest blogs section on the homepage loses it's grid between fullsizing and shrinking my screen size.
  • Homepage is a bit of a clusterfudge of content but I guess that's for SEO reasons.
  • Product lists at iPhone SE screen size are in two columns which is a little squashed in my opinion. Would look better as a single column up to larger handset sizes.
  • On mobile it might be beter to dock the filter option as opposed to only showing on scroll-up, plus the button takes up a bit of vertical space on its own in no-mans-land.
  • No product comparisons? Might not be deemed useful, and could be a lot of admin. But being able to compare like-for-like features on products such as mobos would be an advantage. Product descriptions are varied and you end up leaving the site to find a better comparison (where you might be shown a better affiliated offer). Having tabulated data you can compare side-by-side quickly might be an advantage for some.
Otherwise, for a site with a huge variety of stock it's not bad at all and I'm sure it will evolve. Well worth A/B testing future changes and monitoring conversion. The search is super snappy which makes life much easier, you could maybe draw more attention to that.

Hey Dup, this has been passed onto the team, thank you for the feedback.

You need more filtering options, for example I can't filter motherboard types by ITX, ATX etc. You couldn't do this on the old site and I find it annoying!

Filters are currently being worked on and will come in early 2022.

I can't find deals of the day anymore, are you getting rid of them?

This has not performed well for the past few years so we've taken it down for now, however this does not mean we'll stop providing deals. :)

Back
Top Bottom