Exploding Kittens Card game Kickstarter

That's insane. It's the 22nd most backed Kickstarter ever and it's still got 28 days to go. It's surely going to beat the record for most backers too.

You would think they would have added a few stretch goals a long the way.

Edit: I just checked the updates and they have done a single stretch goal at $2,000,000 and that was to double the amount of cards in the NSFW pack so unless you pledged $35 you don't get anything new. I think considering their initial goal and how much it has surpassed it they could have done a bit more.

Last edited:
Decided to back this one for the regular deck and the NSFW deck, they seem to be keeping the tiers and goals on this one as simple as possible to reduce delays, not a bad thing I think

Please, God, people, don't waste your money on this. It's just an internet meme made into something that barely even qualifies as a game. The first playtest was a week ago. They describe it as "a game with player elimination that gets more fun towards the end", but their enhanced tier and their stretch goal make the game take longer - so good luck "enjoying" it if you go out early. If it weren't for the Oatmeal's involvement it would still be waiting on the first dollar.

I'd like to see this compared to We Haven't Playtested This. That's a cheap player elimination game too but involves some planning but can be incredibly quick (everyone can lose on the first play)

Yeah, no better or worse than any other card game of this type.

However, it will make a great wee stocking filler for my other half's birthday as she loves the Oatmeal.

Backers: 206,365
Pledged: $8,262,222

Going up at a pretty insane rate still.

Back
Top Bottom