Extension Cables for Rift S

Associate
Hi guys. Anyone using extension cables (USB/DP) for the Rift S? I read that the below 2x cables work, but when I try them, I just get the 3 loading dots.

Also, when I first boot up the PC, I have to unplug and reconnect the USB, otherwise the headset is not found.

:: UGREEN USB 3.0 Extension Cable A Male to A Female USB Extension Cable, USB Extender Lead with Gold Plated Contacts for Oculus Rift, PS VR, HTC Vive, Card Reader, Keyboard, Printer, Scanner, Camera, 2M

:: Rankie DP Extension Cable, DisplayPort Male to Female Extension Cable, 1.8 m, Black

Any help appreciated

Soldato
Those cables work. Have tried them out on several Rift S setups.

The problem might be your USB ports not quite supplying enough power. What's the exact make and model of your motherboard? And are you using a USB add on card?

Soldato
@melmac have just ordered them on your recommendation pal. Will update you guys with how I get on with them come Saturday.

Hope they work for you!! Or else you might not be calling me "PAL" on Saturday evening :p

It's not just me recommending them, they are pretty much recommended on every forum.

Associate
I need help I bought the Rankie DP 1.8m and tried it again recently and it still doesnt work. The Rift S nearly went back until a full re-install of Windows "fixed it".
Therefore, whilst these are picky over transfer rates, is there another make that works for the DP side. I have a USB powered extra cards to remove the m/board supplying power. Black screen only with Rankie DP extension...

Back
Top Bottom