Extra 16GB Ram Compatability Check

Associate
So currently I have 16gb of RAM and I want to upgrade to 32gb of RAM.

I'm pretty sure I know what I want to get, so I just wanted to double check with the more tech minded people in the forum to see if there would be any problems with the RAM I've chosen.

So this is the RAM I'm looking into buying:

This is the RAM I currently have:
This is My Motherboard:
And this is my CPU:

So yeah, CAS timings are the same, they're both DDR4 3200MHz and SPD Speed and Volatage are the same, so it should be fine, right?

I should add that I'm not planning on doing any kind of overclocking.

Well crap.

I brought the RAM, installed it and found my computer wouldnt complete POST.

Turns out that if I put any RAM in slot 3 then the computer POST even get far enough to turn the monitor on.

And now that I've done all that I think I have a vague memory of this happening with my last mobo too. (Though that one had a little lcd screen that would give you a 2 letter error code)

Also fun fact, when I originally installed the CPU fan the plastic shroud was at 90o angle, so I had a bit of decorative plastic with the AMD logo stopping me from putting anything into RAM slot 1. Having to remove the fan from the heatsink, rotate it, and screw it back on is annoying, especially when there's decorative bits of the shroud sticking out so you have to access the 4 screws at an angle.

Long story short, I now have 24 gigs of RAM over 3 slots, and I'm gonna see how it runs for a while.

Last edited:
Send it back get 2 x 16gb of memory and sell you old stuff
I mean, I've opened the box, so can I return it?

Also, I've seen a 32gb set for just a bit more that I must have skipped over earlier because I thought that I only needed another 16gb -_-.

Edit: It's the Team Vulcan one

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom