eXtreme Liquid Cooling - Build Log + Overclocking

Permabanned
Hope it gets below -22 after all this messing about :) Cos i got those results from a stock of the self beer cooler from eBay :) Cost £80 to the door.

Soldato
Nice one fornowagain, thank you for digging that out.

The design I'm working to have changed radically after reading through the relevant parts of Hewitt, Shires and Bott, and then that plan discarded after reading some research papers. Heat exchangers are apparently difficult beasts to get right. (Copper) brazed fin is looking like the best option available, but I have my doubts about my ability to manufacture such a thing. Milled copper is certainly possible, though milled brass rather more tempting, but the question of what pattern to cut is a difficult one.

Very much looking forward to how Pneumonics effort turns out, I think I've got a good six months of learning ahead of me before I can start a prototype.

Soldato
OP
haven't got any further although have a big pile of parts to start building with... other half had me moving the bedroom around and putting draws together at the weekend :( will get something up ASAP

Soldato
OP
Update 16:
Well its been a while!
I have got quite a lot of the 'little' bits done, mostly around taking the old rig to bits so that I can re-use some of the water-cooling gear.. got most of what I need now to complete the case and what I am going to call 'phase 1' and once that's done I am going to move onto phase 2!

So I have a load of pictures to take to show the progress, but I will start with the couple I have managed to take over the weekend... so lets start with the motherboard!

Full Cover Block:
I decided to go for a full cover block for the board... don't really need to as the NB and SB don't put out to much heat... but well I think they look nice! and give me a bit more room around the board to work with.. buy the time I have two 4870x2 on the board and all the water cooling pipe and that you don't really want a huge heatsink array all over it..

Overview:
Photo0298.jpg

Close Ups:
Photo0296.jpg

Photo0300.jpg

Photo0301.jpg

RAM:
Next job was fitting the water-cooling to the RAM, again not really needed but hey RAM coolers are really nice :)

So I got a couple of the new Aquacomputer Ramplex kits and they are really nice, good, solid and really quality

Photo0307.jpg

Looked excellent out of the box:
Photo0302.jpg

And nice to see some QC! (although I was a screw short!!, so can't be working that well...)

Photo0308.jpg

Any way will try and get some photo's taken this evening or tomorrow of the progress made on the case and the radiator arrays :)

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the delay guys! I am away from home a lot at the mo with work so free time at home is spent with the better half.. I have got a little further just no pictures yet! a load of stuff has turned up and is sitting in boxes.. I hope to get some free time this weekend or next to get some pictures done at least

Back
Top Bottom