Extreme slow down when writing to hard drive

Associate
Hi all,

I have a 7700k running at 4.9 and a 1080ti. Running two SSD's and a mechanical drive. Everything is working perfectly, except when something is writing to one of the drives. For example, when steam is updating games opening a webpage becomes very very slow and even the mouse is unable to keep up and is lagging.

Not sure if this normal? Every other time, runs perfectly. Any ideas? The obvious answer is don't do anything when stuff is updating which I do. But would like to fix if possible.

Thanks,

Soldato
Could be an issue with the SSD itself if only one of the two has the problem. Otherwise could be chipset drivers, try installing the latest Intel RST driver for your chipset. Try running some SSD benchmarks to see if you get any weird results.

Associate
This pc, properties. It's in the advanced / performance section somewhere. Is basically overflow into disk when you run out of memory and is very slow.

I would try a different SATA port on the motherboard, or check if the sata is set to ahci in the bios. If changing either of those stops it booting then change it back.

Back
Top Bottom