Extremely minor scratches/marks on car

Soldato
Hi guys,
So I bought a few year old car and have just noticed some marks maybe scratches on a part of the bodywork. It is extremely minimal but would like to get rid if possible. The first photo shows some red markings that I can feel a bit at the top, one at the bottom felt smooth.

On the second photo it is on one of the wing mirrors which I can feel again running my fingers through it looks white and I am assume it might be scratches.

Does anyone know if the Chipex touch up paint will do the job? Also I have still have the menzerna medium cut polish 2400 which some guy mentioned on here to use a few years back which kinda helped on my old car. Any ideas please?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys,
So I bought a few year old car and have just noticed some marks maybe scratches on a part of the bodywork. It is extremely minimal but would like to get rid if possible. The first photo shows some red markings that I can feel a bit at the top, one at the bottom felt smooth.

On the second photo it is on one of the wing mirrors which I can feel again running my fingers through it looks white and I am assume it might be scratches.

Does anyone know if the Chipex touch up paint will do the job? Also I have still have the menzerna medium cut polish 2400 which some guy mentioned on here to use a few years back which kinda helped on my old car. Any ideas please?

Thank you :)
Hard to tell how deep they are from the photos, if u can feel a definite ridge with your fingers then that's not good. I used Farecla G3 Pro scratch remover on my motorbike tank for some very fine scratches, it worked well.

Associate
I'd try and hand polish it first with the cutting compound you mentioned. If that's doesn't work, and you have one or can get hold of one, try a DA polisher.

If that doesn't work, you can try touch up paint, but everything is in the prep, and I mean everything.

Don
As above - spend a decent amount of time trying to polish them out first.

The red marks look like it might be paint transfer of some type that should remove with a decent cutting compound.

Avoid touch up paint unless absolutely necessary - even the best touch up paint stands out a mile (and will look a lot worst than the scuffs currently do), so much better just to minimise the appearance of marks through polishing, even if you can't completely remove them.

After using your medium cut polish, finish up with something less aggressive that also has "fillers" such as Autoglym SRP, then finish with a decent wax.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well, just a bit of an update so managed to get rid of all marks and such. A good result and gonna put some polish and wax on, but maybe few days ago it i see another on paintwork at the back of the car, I'm not too bothered but it does look harder to fix. Damage to paintwork and maybe someone keyed it?

Last edited:

G J

G J

Associate
Is the damage on the back plastic bumper as those look deep and the patch on the right looks likes it bubbling.

Maybe it got damaged when someone was putting something in the boot.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Is the damage on the back plastic bumper as those look deep and the patch on the right looks likes it bubbling.

Maybe it got damaged when someone was putting something in the boot.
No damage to the bumper, so I am assuming i didn't see it before, can only really see it under the sunlight.Yeah looks quite some work to repair right

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom