Eyebrow Piercings

Permabanned
Considering getting an eyebrow piercing, but I do work in Morrisons and in the Police quite regularly so won't be able to have anything in while working... will I be able to do this quite soon after getting the piercing, or will there be a couple of weeks where I won't be able to remove it then put it back in?

Thanks

Associate
Had it done it grew out. I wouldn't recommend it. My mate at work (Morrisons as well lol) has his eyebrow pierced and he just puts a plaster over it whilst its in so don't worry about having to take it out

Don
some folks I know have been left with marks after stopping wearing them so obviously they have ended up seriously regretting it

Soldato
I had read somewhere that there's a chance of paralysis of some facial muscles with eyebrow piercings... cant remember where atm, so it could be pure bunkum.
I dont think many people suit eyebrow piercings, and I wouldn't ever consider getting one myself.

Soldato
It goes for most piercings that you can't take them out for a time though it differs on area, when I had my lip done I was told to leave it in for 4 weeks before taking it out for any amount of time more than an hour, you will need to have it in for a while for it to heal, otherwise it will close up very quickly.

Can't you just wear one of those silly blue plasters?

Last edited:
Soldato
I contemplated having my brow pierced, but I'd heard they tend to migrate down the side of your face, and knew someone who had this happen to him, started on his brow, then ended up to the side of his eye :S

Associate
I had read somewhere that there's a chance of paralysis of some facial muscles with eyebrow piercings... cant remember where atm, so it could be pure bunkum.
I dont think many people suit eyebrow piercings, and I wouldn't ever consider getting one myself.

Incorrect unless you get it down so close to your nose that you pierce straight through the optical nerve.

tbh don't. doesn't suit most people.
also theres a long period where you can't take it out.
like a year iirc?

The period is about 6 weeks. Although you can get it pierced with bioplast at some places which is see-through.

Soldato
I have my eyebrow pierced, my left eyebrow. I don't see why there might be a stigma attached to it being gay or whatever, a piercing is a piercing.

It suits me because I have quite a long thin face so it's not very noticable according to some people. Friends who had known me a while didn't even notice it straight away when I first had it done.

Generally, it's prefered that I keep it out for work. When I first got it done they told me to keep it in for at least 1 month (Cold Steel, Camden). Luckily I have had it in since I was 19 and where I work now at 25, I just take it out during the day and put it back in when I get home. I find that if i leave it 24+ hours it starts to heal up quite quick and if left much more it's a real PITA to get it back in without causing a little pain to reopen it.

If in the Police depending on how long you have had it, I suppose you could get it away with having it out for a shift and putting it back in when you have finnished.

I find the piercing ok on guys, more suited. On women it looks a lot worse, imo.

Soldato
All of you guys asying "Oh tattoos and piercings are ugly bla bla bla" I urge you, go to a tattoo/body art convention, your minds will be opened.

I will agree that a good 60% of people who get tattoos get aweful trash but some of the stuff people come up withm and what come tattoo artists can do is really amazing.

I mean look at this:

avpk09.jpg

That is many things, fugly or stupid are not among them.

Back
Top Bottom