Eyeglass users. Whats your pick?

Soldato
What prescription do you use? A normal everyday one that you'd go out into the real world with? Or does in need to be adapted for VR e.g. looking at screens close to your eyes?

I'm tempted to try contacts as well...

I'm -4.75L -3.25R with a .75L astigmatism and a 1.25R astigmatism so I need glasses for every day use. Nothing special is needed for the screens being close as as far as your eyes are concerned you're focusing at a distance.

I've not tried VR with or without glasses yet, but I'm just had I've found a use to try contacts again lol.

Associate
Think I'd rather wear contacts than glasses for VR. My hope would be that eventually some standardisation of the lens design would occur between the different kits, so that you could buy prescription lenses and use them with your headset of choice.

Last edited:
Soldato
Both the Rift and Vive are fine for glasses, although the Vive is the only HMD that allows you to adjust the distance from the screen at a cost of decreasing the FOV. I wear glasses while using the GearVR and its perfectly fine and just as comfortable as not wearing them.

Soldato
All depends on the size of the frames of course, people with large frames are going to have a harder time that those with frameless or narrow ones.

I'm reasonably confident from what I've read that my frames will fit inside the Vive without too much if any impact on FOV, if it's a problem I'll just put my contacts in.

Back
Top Bottom