F@H - performance boost running WinXP-64?

Associate
I'm currently running F@H on Windows XP Pro with an Athlon64 3700+ (SD), if I were to get WinXP 64-bit version...would there be much of a performance increase? assuming I had enough RAM for this of course...

Has anyone experienced better performance on any other DC projects when switching from a 32-bit to a 64-bit OS?

thanks

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
DarkJedi said:
I'm currently running F@H on Windows XP Pro with an Athlon64 3700+ (SD), if I were to get WinXP 64-bit version...would there be much of a performance increase? assuming I had enough RAM for this of course...

Has anyone experienced better performance on any other DC projects when switching from a 32-bit to a 64-bit OS?

thanks

At the moment there is no 64 bit client for F@H.
I tried running it with XP64 but it kept killing WUs. I thought it was a hardware problem so checked everything out. I eventually uninstalled XP64 and installed XPhome and, hey presto, it worked fine.

I had a look on the Folding forums and some said it worked fine whilst some had the same problems as I did - I think it's a bit hit-or-miss at the moment. You might want to have a look over there to see what the latest opinions are.

Stan :)

Man of Honour
Soldato
Since FAH doesn't use any integers larger than 24 bits there will be no performance increase from the 32 bit client to the 64 bit client.

FAH uses SSE/SSE2/SSE3 to perform calculations with up to 128 bits precision. 64 bit integers would be a stop down in performance.

Back
Top Bottom