F1 TV Pro

Associate
Did anyone use them last year ?
I'm binning sky off as mostly just watch Netfix & Prime so only thing I will miss is F1

VPN and F1 TV Pro seems to be an option ?

Associate
OP
I subbed to sky 4K but was a complete waste of money, 99% of recordings failed. I know I could have downloaded it but as I dont have access to fiber it was a no go.

As long as its as good as HD sky feed I'll be happy

Soldato
I used it last year. Worked great. I spent a lot of time in Finland. :p

Edit - actually revise that. It worked. The app is terrible, once you get it streaming - don't touch it. Any amount of messing around with all the additional features like multiview, etc resulted in my android box crashing.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I had it last year (alongside my SS subscription) as I enjoyed the onboards with live unedited radio. Good for that, but the problem is the streams are at 25fps (with sky being 50fps), which isn't IMO smooth enough for sport. F1TV did say that 50fps was coming, but that was in 2018(?) and didn't materialise, likewise no apps have materialised apart from a basic one on one of the high end Rokus.

I'm still tempted to subscribe for the £50/year or whatever it is, I'm quite keen to see their new pre/post race shows they are doing with Will and Rosanna. Plus, they have Alex Jacques on the pit lane comms who is miles better than Crofty. I'm still curious what dirt Crofty must have on someone to have retained that gig for so long.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'd love to just get Netflix style access to F1 and other motorsport. It's a shame F1 is tied up in Sky, such deals don't seem very ethical to me, but I don't mind the Channel 4 coverage.

NowTV are doing an offer for an F1 Season Ticket for £198 before the end of March. £9 per race weekend seems like a good deal, however a bit rich for me to pay up-front when I can't guarantee I'll be around to watch live (It also has an auto-renew of £30odd a month that you would need to cancel thereafter, just an FYI if anyone goes for it).

Soldato
Yeah they got me last year with the auto-renew and it cost me over £100 before I realised. I should be able to get some back, but it's a very sneaky practice that shouldn't be allowed IMO. £33 odd quid for Sky Sports every month via NowTV? Who would pay that anyway? May as well get Sky. Maybe that's the idea...

I'm really struggling this year to justify the cost of purchasing again. The more I enjoy Formula E, the less I care about F1 and all the **** that surrounds it, including the UK Sky deal.

So is it still the case that F1 TV PRO is limited to 25fps? That would kill it for me.

Soldato
You can watch all F1 races using the F1 TV App. A subscription costs 6.99 a month. It's just not available in the UK because they've got a deal in place with Sky. So, you just need to convince the app you're not in the UK, or any other country that Bernie made one of his special rip off deals with.

PS: You may be breaching the terms and conditions. But that doesn't make it illegal. You're paying for the content directly from the provider.

Caporegime
You can watch all F1 races using the F1 TV App. A subscription costs 6.99 a month. It's just not available in the UK because they've got a deal in place with Sky. So, you just need to convince the app you're not in the UK, or any other country that Bernie made one of his special rip off deals with.

PS: You may be breaching the terms and conditions. But that doesn't make it illegal. You're paying for the content directly from the provider.
And you could find your account cancelled or blocked and not receive a refund for breaching their T’s & C’s. They have said they plan to block most big VPN providers as well.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Yup, practically zero of Nords servers work anymore. They had a few last year but this year nothing. Even my VPS IP has been blocked and it's not the largest of data centres.

Caporegime
I take it Sky is having a hissy fit.

That's why I paid monthly. And cancelled it over the winter break.
I’d imagine most providers will want to protect their considerable investment. It’s probably written into their contract that FOM make efforts to reduce ‘unauthorised’ use.

Soldato

I tried this and my subscription to F1 got cancelled after one race despite me connecting via VPN.

Back
Top Bottom