FA cup 3rd round draw

Caporegime
Should be an easy game for Arsenal but then looking at our last few performances...well suffice to say im not going to get too stupidly confident....would be nice if we could spank Leeds by a good 4-5 goals...i remember Arsenal playing them when they were a force in the Prem league...they had this amazing ability to beat us and god how i hated it:(.

Don
Should be an easy game for Arsenal but then looking at our last few performances...well suffice to say im not going to get too stupidly confident....would be nice if we could spank Leeds by a good 4-5 goals...i remember Arsenal playing them when they were a force in the Prem league...they had this amazing ability to beat us and god how i hated it:(.

Two memorable wins at Arsenal were

1-0 Rod Wallace
3-2 Harte, Kewell (What a goal..), Viduka. Kept us up and stopped you winning Prem.

Soldato
Yeah but Leeds had Beckford last season.

I don't think we won because of Beckford rather Man U had Brown at CB, lucky it wasn't 2-0 with Snoddy hitting x-bar with freekick in 2nd half.

I fancy Leeds' chances if Fabianski is in goal, Becchio will have a field day with him flapping at everything.

Caporegime
Two memorable wins at Arsenal were

1-0 Rod Wallace
3-2 Harte, Kewell (What a goal..), Viduka. Kept us up and stopped you winning Prem.

Yep the 2nd one i remember watching and absolutely cursing Leeds for denying us a prem title so its no wonder i had an absolute chuckle when Leeds went down faster than a prostitues knickers:p.

Don
The funny thing is, when we return to the premiership you will have the same amount of trophies you had when we went down ;)

(I think)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm well even though L'pool aren't doing great this season I wouldn't consider it a forgone conclusion. They turned Chelsea over which is no mean feat (although they're not doing great atm either), so we can't be too complacent.

Also had we have beaten Southhampton it would have been Blackpool at home!! Oh well have to concentrate on the league now, play off spot so very close (Cheltenham fan too)!

Caporegime
Don't be too confident, look what we did to Man U last year, and took Spurs to a replay.

Utd and Spurs second teams are pretty rubbish, Arsenals "second" team seems to be the only team that can get any decent results the past 5 years ;)

I'm less worried when our reserves go out to prove to Wenger he's and idiot(then see them get a hattrick, and not play for a month afterwards :rolleyes: ) than hoping our first team with 2-3 morons included will not screw up in all the other games to be honest.

IE I'm FAR more confident of our second string, with Bendtner/Vela/Gibbs/Eboue/Wilshire/Ramsey(he's back in Jan isn't he, anyone know if its before or after this match, 8th/9th Jan for FA cup), winning a cup game than sending out Diaby, Song, Denilson, Chamakh, Sagna against anyone in the top half of the table or anyone decent in the champs league, or a crap team away in the champs league.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Arsenals "second" team seems to be the only team that can get any decent results the past 5 years ;)

I'm less worried when our reserves go out to prove to Wenger he's and idiot(then see them get a hattrick, and not play for a month afterwards :rolleyes: ) than hoping our first team with 2-3 morons included will not screw up in all the other games to be honest.

IE I'm FAR more confident of our second string, with Bendtner/Vela/Gibbs/Eboue/Wilshire/Ramsey(he's back in Jan isn't he, anyone know if its before or after this match, 8th/9th Jan for FA cup), winning a cup game than sending out Diaby, Song, Denilson, Chamakh

The thing is though that actually if we ever get a fully fit first XI (been around 3.5 years now I think? Or maybe longer?) then even with Wenger's selection policy I could see at least one or two of Diaby, Denilson and Chamakh being in the 'second' team. He'd have RvP through the middle instead of Chamakh most likely, with Diaby competing with Ramsey/Wilshere for the 3rd midfield spot. Denilson was a favourite a couple of seasons back but I don't believe Wenger has him down as a first choice anymore. I think he views the teams as something like this (maybe some doubts over Almunia/Diaby), the likes of Szcezny/Vela/Bendtner can't make the second choice XI (of course, it's all a bit of a moot point anyway because we never have everyone fit).

...................Almunia
Sagna....Koscielny...Vermaelen....Clichy
....Fabregas.....Song.......Diaby
.....Nasri.....Van Persie....Arshavin

..................Fabianski
Eboue....Squilacci...Djourou....Gibbs
....Ramsey....Denilson....Wilshere
....Walcott...Chamakh...Rosicky

Back
Top Bottom