Facebook API worst API ever?

Soldato
So I am coming from google API experience here, and I am integrating a simple facebook activity widget for a business website. They have a gui tool to generate some automatic iframe code. Its quick easy and dirty, but who really wants iframes these days. Not me. Well then, lets use the javascript/php sdk api.

I have absolutely no ******* idea what to do. I have to make an application on facebook, link it to the site, link the application to the facebook feed. The documentation is non existant and the coding convention, as compared to google, is utter garbage. What the actual ****.

Soldato
To answer the question in your thread title, yes. Yes it is. Without doubt.

They love to change it every month or so, but the documentation on their website is always about 2 versions out of date, so it becomes a complete cluster**** to try and achieve anything.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think that most of the large companies compete with each other for the most dire documentation and apis. Paypals developer site has been a mess for years and is now half a mess but twice as bad because its half way between version. LinkedIns oauth 1 implementation was pretty horrendous and poorly documented.

The usually have massive issues with keeping their documentation in line with the api. Error reporting is usually a doozie with these as well. They either give the most useless and vague response or you find out that it was actually just plain lying about the actual issue.

Back
Top Bottom