Facebook password

Associate
Does anybody know how to view a facebook password?

I am automatically logged in into firefox but I can't find my facebook password in the browser and niether can I get the password to display in facebook. I need to write down my facebook password as I'm going to be wiping my SSD.

Thanks.

Last edited:
To view saved passwords in Firefox, you can do the following:

1. Click the hamburger menu in the top right corner
  2. Select Settings
  3. Click Privacy & security
  4. Find the Logins and passwords section and click Saved logins
  5. Click the Show passwords button
  6. Click Confirm show passwords to see all Firefox passwords
You can also view saved passwords in Firefox on Android by doing the following:

1. Tap the menu button
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Select Passwords in the General section
  4. Tap Saved passwords
  5. Tap on any of the logins on the list to view or copy it
Google is your friend.

Last edited:
No, you cant view your password, this would be a potential security problem if you were able to do this

Reset it

Last edited:
I've already done that but for some reason facebook login details aren't showing in firefox, all others are there like for my e-mail etc but no facebook login details. I will have to do a "forgot password" and reset it. I also noticed I had a facebook login from an unknown device in Cambridge last month so that looks a bit fishy. I'm probably better off resetting my password anyway.

Cheers everybody for you help. :)

I know you said that you're formatting, so you could copy the Mozilla folder from the %appdata% location to a temporary location while you format, such as a USB flash drive. This won't reveal your password though, so you'll still have to reset the password if you want to know it.

I'm a Firefox kid as well.

In future, may I suggest that you all use portable apps to the biggest extent possible on your PCs?

This includes portable Firefox. It doesn't matter which system it's on or what the drive letter is. I can keep the portable apps on drive D:, format drive C: and it doesn't matter because Firefox and other programs are still there, don't need to be set up again and they still hold your preferences including saved passwords.

Firefox (and other browsers e.g. Chrome, Brave and Opera)
GIMP, Inkscape, Faststone Image Resizer
LibreOffice, OpenOffice
Foxit (Acrobat Reader is like 1GB in size nowadays!)
Notepad++
7-Zip
Media Player Classic, OpenShot, OBS, VLC

They're all there :-) Then a new Win 10/11 install only takes about an hour, not all day :p

Further to the above, probably worth considering using a password manager. Appreciate that it won't help in your current situation, but will help to avoid the issue in the future

Back
Top Bottom