FahMon 2.2.0

Associate
Sounds fantastic - now I'm going to have to try to remember how I got this thing to compile and run under Linux again ... !

Kinnison.

EDIT: I take it back.. compiled easily, and now shows my SMP gromacs project .. AND minimizes to the system tray, I love it :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks guys.

I've just updated the help page to now include all the new options and features added in 2.2.0, and included the WinSMP monitoring details.

I've also created a detailed instruction page for Linux users on how to compile FahMon correctly. In theory it should be impossible for anyone to go wrong if they read the instructions carefully ;)
Incidentally this should also clear up the issues people have been having with FahMon failing to compile and producing "sh: o: command not found" errors.

I found out that SUSE names its binaries rather stupidly (from my point of view), which means g++, is not actually called g++ on SUSE, so scons can't find the compiler and bombs out.

Luckily the solution is simple, as detailed in the aforementioned instructions.

http://fahmon.silent-blade.org/index.php?n=Main.Help

Soldato
what server settings should I put in the update bit as I've lost mine :(
also does the auto server update thing (for the WU info) have the windows SMP on it yet?

Associate
OP
VeNT said:
what server settings should I put in the update bit as I've lost mine :(
also does the auto server update thing (for the WU info) have the windows SMP on it yet?

If you forget the settings (or really break them), disable the option and it will use the internal defaults which should fill the boxes the next time you start FahMon.

The auto-update doesn't include the WinSMP WU data, since psummary still doesn't have the info. You still have to go the manual route for the moment.

Soldato
Great stuff...

Finally get to see the PPD from my SMP clients... pretty happy now. :)

Screengrab_t.jpg

Associate
Hmmmmm... don't think the ppd/benchmark is working right on my machine :-

Project : 2604
Core : Gromacs SMP
Frames : 2
Credit : 1760

-- SMP --

Min. Time / Frame : 27mn 56s - 45365.16 ppd
Avg. Time / Frame : 27mn 56s - 45365.16 ppd

The time/frame is correct, but how it got to 45000ppd I have *no* idea - ahh.. actually maybe it's because it's reporting the number of frames as 2. Any idea why it's doing that??

Kinnison.

Back
Top Bottom