Failed Drive Help - Urgent

Associate
Okay, so got a new Seagate Firecuda 520. Done fresh install of windows and everything was fine.

I got a blue scree, and i believe it might be the TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE that's been plaguing me that i haven't got to the bottom of.

However, on restart kept getting the recovery loop. After investigation the drive in disk manager was show RAW format. It was an absolute nightmare, could delete partitions or reformat even wiv command prompt. I seem to have cleared it now using usb boot tool provided by seagate. However still having issue, will how in bios , but not in disk manger or windows install program.

can anyone recommend a good free software that can be use to boot from to do a full health check on the drive? the NVME health checker in the MSI bios rund fine and says no issues found.

Associate
OP
The TDR issue is one plaguing AMD forums some have it some dont. Just get random BSODs because of it. The main concern is checking the new m.2 firecuda 520 drive. I can boot off my old corsair MP510 drive fine and its experienced multiple of the same bsods but new cause a drive corruption.

~cw

~cw

Associate
UBCD, or the GParted LiveCD or Hiren's BootCD are all also useful to have around. I also have a USB with Linux Mint on with a persistent partition, very useful for temporary use or to test something, and the persistent storage means I can save results or drivers/files to use in the next session. Rufus or PenDriveLinux (amongst others) offer easy GUI wizards to do this.

Associate
UBCD, or the GParted LiveCD or Hiren's BootCD are all also useful to have around. I also have a USB with Linux Mint on with a persistent partition, very useful for temporary use or to test something, and the persistent storage means I can save results or drivers/files to use in the next session. Rufus or PenDriveLinux (amongst others) offer easy GUI wizards to do this.

Never heard of Hiren's, TY!

Back
Top Bottom