Failed driving test :(

Associate
sorry to hear that mate when doing my 1st mock test with my instructor i failed on mirrors i didnt look when indicating left he gave up marking in the end lol didnt get a single minor for anything else though

passed my second mock with 1 minor
and my actual test with 3 minors
didnt know till i was on my way home that i had the head tester who had no forgiveness when it came to testing so did pretty well. made light conversation with the tester he was really calming and put me at ease. near the end i made a comment about how shocking i thought my driving had been (i thought id been totally under par)
he said. something along the lines of what you think and what i think are two different things.........make of that what you will.

Soldato
I got millions of minors in my mock test. I think it was better that way; my instructor knew my style of driving and my bad tendencies and was drilling good habits into me. He was being overly harsh where the examiner might not even spot the mistakes.

I did fail one mock for being at a T-junction and I started to pull out as there was a car passing me from right to left. He was directly in front of me and there was no way I was going to hit him but he gave me a 'dangerous' fail anyway.

Caporegime
I fully believe that there are some ****y examiners out there. I had one on my first test who was suspended shortly after for receiving numerous complaints. (None from me I might add.)

Passed without a hitch on my second test.

Soldato
Failed my bike test a couple of weeks ago, traffic lights to go straight on were red, but we were turning left, and they were on green. On the way down to the junction though the green lights were hard to see because they were on a backdrop of trees.

Yeh, I stopped. :p

Associate
Instructor told me not to place a complaint because it will go against him and might go against me in my next test. He said he'll come along with me next time if it's the same instructor.

not true, i have made various complaints about various Examiners at the test centre i use, and not one come back from it.

Unless things have changed, when I took my drivinf test I was told the following:

Always try and get the first test of the day.

Otherwise, if the tester happened to have the world's most perfect driver before you, then your minor mistakes will show up more. Of course, it would work to your advantage if the previous one was useless but better to have a "clean slate"

Secondly, testors were expected to fail a certain percentage of drivers. So if he had passed loads of people that week and needed to get his percentage down, then he might fail you for minor things when on another day you would have passed.

Don't let it get you down. You'll pass next time.

Statistically speaking, drivers who failed their first test are less likely to have an accident.

sorry, but all rubbish
how do others pass during the day after the first one?
they have no quota!
drivers who have passed 1st, 2nd or what ever number you like have passed the standard needed, and Statistically speaking if between 17-24 are more likely to have an accident within 2 years of passing

Try to be very deliberate in checking your mirrors and make sure you let the examiner see you doing it. Better luck next time.

not needed, they will spot if your doing them at the correct time

[TW]Fox;16112367 said:
You didnt fail your test because the examiner was a ****. You didnt fail the test because the examiner fell out with the instructor. You didnt fail the test because there is a quota.

You failed the test because your driving was below that required for a pass.

It's that simple. Suck it up, learn some more, and try again.

This is complete rubbish and utterly false.

You fail for one reason and one reason alone: Because your driving on the day was not at the required standard. No ifs, no buts.

all of this is true.

Soldato
In a way I was quite happy I failed my first test ... my instructor (BSM) made me go in for it before I thought I was ready (didn't help that I really didn't like him). I don't particularly agree with why I was failed, (it was to do with me giving way to someone when apparently I shouldn't have ... it was not dangerous in any way and would have caused chaos if I didn't)

Didn't retake until a few years later (for various unrelated reasons). Had a completely different instructor (AA) and he was a lot more laid back. When he put me in for my test I was a lot happier about doing it and passed (despite the fact it was absolutely torrential rain that day ... reversing around a corner is a bit interesting when said corner is practically under water and covered in lots of autumn leaves).

Soldato
I passed on my 5th attempt...I didn't learn till I was 26 though. Was robbed twice to the point it was suggested I put in a formal complaint against the examiner! Gateshead has a very very poor pass rate apparently...don't worry about it, and keep going!!! Don't give up!

Associate
Apparntly if you bugger up that navigation & the examiner has to tell you were to go then you fail, which tbh i find abit harsh.

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/News.asp?id=SX143B-A7835A58

"Independent driving: the facts

Independent driving will become part of the practical driving test in Great Britain in October 2010.

It's tasking the candidate to drive for about 10 minutes, either following a series of directions, following traffic signs, or a combination of both.

To help the candidate be clear about where they’re going, the examiner can show them a diagram too.

It doesn't matter if candidates don't remember every direction, or if they go the wrong way - that can happen to the most experienced drivers."

Back
Top Bottom