• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fall Creator Update | 20% MORE Gaming Performance

Associate
seeing all you guys who got the update perfect.

And im here unable to play any games like i used to without stutter and going to do a fresh install tomorrow

joy

Associate
hi,for the people getting stuttering,after the update,goto settings gaming and deselect show gamebar when i play full-screen games
that will do it global,if u just want to do on a per game basis,right click your game exe,select properties,compatibility,select disable full-screen optimisations.
worked for me.

Soldato
hi,for the people getting stuttering,after the update,goto settings gaming and deselect show gamebar when i play full-screen games
that will do it global,if u just want to do on a per game basis,right click your game exe,select properties,compatibility,select disable full-screen optimisations.
worked for me.

This sounds like one of the 'fixes' for the April Creators update.

We are discussing the Oct 17th update. there shouldn't be any stutter as this update was meant to include fixes.

(Damn Microsoft confusing everyone with their naming schemes!)

Associate
i am running the fall creators update oct 17th,been messing all day trying to stop the stuttering the fix i posted,was the only way that worked for me.

Soldato
I've tested Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, The Division, Steep, For Honor and Alien Isolation, At best I've seen a 4FPS gain in the averages with Game Mode on vs off at 1080P and 1440P.
Maybe the huge gains people are seeing are the original Creators Update vs the Fall Creators Update regardless of Game Mode as Game Mode doesn't really seem to do much.

Soldato
I installed this update and its killed my machine. Had to do a full system restore and i'm still struggling to play games properly.

First it started off with every monitor (3) flickering every few seconds with extremely low clock on 1080ti. After a windows reinstall the flickering has stopped but i can't even play the division or elite dangerous without stuttering.

No idea how to fix this, i've tried clean installing latest nvidia drivers multiple times.

Elite dangerous has gotten 5s-2 min freezes for me since this windows update.. sound carries on but nothing else then game eventually unfreezes and back to normal for 5 mins or 1 hour.

Soldato
Well I am still seeing patchy performance in BF1. Some maps that where trouble spots before where much better but others still exhibited strange frame drops and hitching.

Maybe it's just server performance.

I was on the same server tho and 2/4 maps where fine whilst the other two weren't.

Soldato
All Games I test will be 1440p Ultra, Minus any Blur effects.

Hitman Absolutions - 2x MSAA
Before I update Game mode Disabled
BeforeFCU2.png

Before I update Game Mode enabled
BeforeFCUGMon.png

Shadow Of Mordor
Before I update Game Mode Disabled
BeforeFCU3.png

Before I update Game Mode Enabled
BeforeFCUGMon2.png

Last edited:
Back