Fall Update has started to roll out.

Soldato
Going to wait this time around for my PC to auto pick it up rather than force it on, with the reports yesterday the fall update gives a nice boost to Ryzen setups and the new GPU graph in task manager will be useful.

Man of Honour
Did it on one of my tablets so far - succeeded first time via WU for me but it took around 6 hours or something to install :s and then I spent about 30-40 minutes working out some odd little glitches like my mouse pointer acted like enhanced pointer precision was on until I toggled various mouse settings on and off a few times and removed things like the new people entry on the system tray, etc. and basically reverting the odd things back to how I used to have it before the update.

Possibly some worthwhile enhancements under the hood I dunno but I didn't feel like I gained anything from doing the update.

Associate
Did mine yesterday via Windows Update, which took well over an hour. No problems on my rather old desktop, apart from a small issue with my monitor profile, which would change every time I went from windowed to full screen in Prepar3Dv4.1 [flight simulator] making everything very dark and oversaturated... Ticking 'Disable Fullscreen Optimizations' on the P3D exe seems to prevent it.

Other than that, all seems well.

Soldato
There are problems with windowed Gsync with this update. Tyranny is locked to 24 FPS and the menus are incredibly slow. Also, if you are running a game in a borderless window and get near your max refresh rate there are lots of FPS drops and performance problems.

Finally, the game bar breaks Gsync in Snake Pass. Toggling the game bar or Alt tabbing seems to fix it.

Soldato
Firefox now won't load loads of sites. Comes up with a security error. Chrome is working perfectly fine. Was on 56.0 and have now updated to 56.0.1 and still not working. Can't be the Windows update as Chrome is working fine. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom