Fallout 76

Soldato
OP
Tonight, Bethesda Game Studios’ Todd Howard confirmed that Fallout 76 is an online-only game, fully embracing the model of multiplayer survival-crafting games like Rust and Conan Exiles. There’s plenty to be gained by taking this route with a spin-off from the mainline series of single-player action-RPGs....

Source - IGN

Unsure how I feel about it being an online only game. I'm definitely not excited about the idea.

Soldato
OP
I'm still not sure about this.... No human NPCs. All other humans you encounter will be other players.

I feel this is just some sort of spin-off... A deviation from the main games. With that in mind I'm expecting a fallout 5 next year.

Soldato
OP
Recently caught vid on YouTube about some of the story lines from fallout 4. And it just reminded me how good bother Fallout 3 and 4 were/are.

To think that this new title won't offer any of the interaction found in the last two games, is really disappointing.

I won't be purchasing this.

Soldato
OP
VATS is awful and tbh pointless. The world seems empty and without NPC interactions it lacks any kind of connection other than reading everything. It runs like complete turd even on X lots of frame skips and stutter.

It’s basically Fallout 4 light with crap VATS no missions as such but added godrays and lighting effects that really add nothing but tank performance. It feels like a poorly implemented mod for Fallout 4 which tbh is exactly what it is.

I’m a huge Fallout fan with hundreds of hours invested and the net has this summed up perfectly tbh...

“it’s the game that nobody wanted”

How’s that.... :)

Totally agree.

Soldato
OP
So what's the current state of this game?

I've heard Beth plan to release some new content. One of the main feats being the inclusion of NPCs - as I'm sure most of you know.

Think this will change much?

Back
Top Bottom