Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not that I want to make this in to a thread about Westworld, but I was excited and also disappointed to hear it's by the same people. I loved Westworld until the second season just totally fell flat for me. Hopefully this won't be the same.

Series 3 was much worse for me - I hope they actually watch the Nuka Break fan series,as that captured the vibe of the Fallout series quite well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9UwlAAnlmg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcgxXnEVVyM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iOGniJECvw

Soldato
OP
It'll almost certainly be awful but....

You hit the nail on the head here. If they manage to capture the "feel" of fallout they might pull it off.
The Nuka Break fan series captured the feel of the games perfectly!

Some pictures of the sets:

Vault 32 and Vault 33.

Soldato
OP
Finally finished it - that was surprisingly good for a game adaptation. There are some changes in the Canon which might annoy some hardcore fans,but it will be interesting to see where the next season goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
OP
Tim Cain,who was one of the creators of the original Fallout,liked it:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Behave or find somewhere else to troll

Fallout:New Vegas,which was released in 2010,had many gay characters(including two of the main companions),etc. Nobody had any problems back then and it is still considered one of the greatest RPG games of the last 20 years.

The Fallout series from the beginning had a very diverse set of characters and races anyway - people who complain about diversity in the series,obviously haven't paid attention to the games or the lore. The Shi from Fallout 2 were one of the most technical advanced factions and were Chinese.

I watched a couple of episodes Thursday night and really enjoyed it, it seemed to hit the nail on the head for Fallout as far as I'm aware and even as a casual fallout fan I was really enjoying spotting all the references.
My friend who is an absolutely massive Fallout fan (he's basically played 3, 4 and Vegas constantly for a decade or so, with all sorts of mods, hardcore mode etc) and he is loving it, as is his wife who has apparently never played the games and is only aware of it through watching him play a bit, this to me suggests they've got a good mix of "for the fans" and "people who are new to this can get into it" which is really good.

I'm probably going to try and watch it with my dad starting from episode one again Saturday night, as my dad tends to really enjoy sci-fi stuff and it's the sort of thing he's enjoyed in the past (Supernatural, GOT, Tremors, Andor, Snowpiercer, Walking Dead etc).
Well I have played over 2000 hours of Fallout 3,Fallout:New Vegas,Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 and modded many of the games. Also watched lots of the excellent fan films such as Fallout:Nuka Break. Own the first two Fallout games(not played much of them) but read a lot of the lore.

There are some changes to the timeline and progression of the lore from the first two games, that some of the hardcore fans might have an issue with(because the original games and the Bethesda games are somewhat different). However,the look,the feel and the grittiness looks right,and the story is engaging enough. There are lots of little details they have picked up on from all the games. It's quite clear the people who made this have played the games themselves.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I know nuking the NCR was an option in Lonesome road... but uh is it canon now? I guess that also implies that Mr House may have won as well since that (imo) offers the most interesting story.

Shouldn't the brotherhood be dead though or have they somehow resettled the West from the Vegas Bunker (questionable if House wins for obvious reasons)/East faction?

The events happen after New Vegas.Also the East Coast BoS most likely travelled from The Commonwealth,so they won over the Institute?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom