Fan choice

Associate
Hi guys, what fans would you run in a corsair 7000d airflow case in the front?

3 x 140mm or 4 x 120mm?

3x Bequiet 140mm silent wings 4 pro or 4x Noctua NF-A12x25?

This needs to be a quiet but well performing build.

Thanks.

Soldato
If your looking at the NF-A12x25 look at the Phanteks T30, if you put them in hybrid mode (1200rpm max) I can't hear them at all, even on the default up to 2000rpm I can't hear them in my 5000d airflow until they are around 1400 rpm.

Soldato
I did consider them until I read about motor noise. Which would be very annoying. That's why there out.

I've got 6x T30 and 2x AF12x25 in my system and no difference in noise. If anything the Phanteks are slightly quieter at higher RPM, no motor noise for me and I switched to the T30 as my previous fans had a bad noise pitch at certain RPM and it was annoying me

Associate
OP
This review put me off...

"Airflow: 15/10 Noise: Alright
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 May 2022
Style Name: SINGLE
Ive had 3 of these fans and they all make a slight noise in the motor at any rpm i compared side by side with a noctua both at 1200rpm the noctua sounds really nice and quiet this one is a bit louder and has that weird noise you wont notice it at all if your case has glass doors.

But the airflow on the fan is WAYY BETTER than the noctua.

So you have to make a choice when buying this fan or the noctua nf a12

Phanteks t30:more airflow at the cost of slightly louder motor

Noctua:Or super silence at the cost of reduced airflow.

Its still a quiet fan so if you dont have a Noctua to compare it to you wont be disappointed.

If you have a pc case that will reduce noise or just don't care about super silence and want the best possible performance get the phanteks its worth it.At first i was a bit annoyed but you wont hear the nose from 50cm away."

Associate
Every time I’ve tried Noctua was hit and miss.
Some dead quiet fans but some greatly affected by clearance at the back of the fan.
Haven’t tried the king from Noctua AF12x25 but even being a new design and reportedly great, I expect the 30mm thick fan to perform better at the same noise level.
There’s noise profile, I know, but most users who tried both are saying that the Phanteks has a more pleasant tone to it.

Associate
OP
I've tried the industrial noctuas and they had motor noise. This put me off. At the time there was no black version of the Noctua NF-A12x25 so I never tried those. I ended up with 140mm bequiet silent wings 3 and love them in my build. That's why I'm interested in the 4 Pro.

I don't know if I can't trust there is no motor noise in the t30 as I've read reviews that say there is. If there is there no good for me.

Soldato
I have researched extensively, different use case but I am getting the Noctua NF-A12 because I have not yet found a benchmark that shows them being beaten on a radiator at low rpm by anything.

Soldato
Went with the 140mm bequiet silent wings 4 pro in the end. Will let you know what I think.
Good choice! I have the Silent Wings 3 in my BeQueit case and they are really good. I even put them onto the triple rad. I might redo the rad with the Silent Wings 4 due to the improved pressure difference - which apparently is a good thing for the rad.

Associate
OP
Good choice! I have the Silent Wings 3 in my BeQueit case and they are really good. I even put them onto the triple rad. I might redo the rad with the Silent Wings 4 due to the improved pressure difference - which apparently is a good thing for the rad.
Thanks. On my current build I have silent wings 3 on 420mm and 280mm rads. Might upgrade those, will see how the 4's are on my bros build first.

Back
Top Bottom