Fan controller for 8 fans....

Associate
Hi guys, I'm looking for a way of controlling 8 fans in my system. I have H440 with 7 fans on case and one on CPU but this one will go when I pick up AIO cooler. My fan set up is 3x Noctua NF-F12 PWM in the front then 3x Noctua NF-S12B REDUX PWM in the top and one in the back Noctua NF-A14 PWM. You can see I can set them up in groups 3x fron, 3x top and 1x in the back. I'm looking for fan controller that can be control from windows, not by motherboard as my has not features at all... I did mention befor I will be pick in up a AIO for my CPU 140mm that I will use with Noctua NF-A14 PWM. Any question please ask and thanks for help.

Associate
OP
Just wondering why you need 7 fans? Can you not use fewer larger fans?
If you are overclocking, so need good cooling, I think I would go for water.
Andi.
I'm looking for fan controller not new fans... I have 3 pressure optimise fans in front so I can add a 360mm radiator in feature. Top is air flow optimise so I can run them at minimum at night. I will not be adding water till I upgrade my MOb+cpu+ram as at the moment I can't OC my CPU coz of my mob and my cpu is no "k".

Man of Honour
Take a look at the Lamptron controllers. I have a Lamptron FC2 that has 6 channels that can handle a whopping 45w on each of them. I have used it with splitters so that 1 channel controls a pair of fans when I was running push/pull on my rads. The FC Touch can handle 30w per channel and has 6 channels as well. Phobya also sell what appears to be a rebranded version of this as well, the Phobya Touch 6. There are others but these are the ones I have used myself.

Associate
OP
Take a look at the Lamptron controllers. I have a Lamptron FC2 that has 6 channels that can handle a whopping 45w on each of them. I have used it with splitters so that 1 channel controls a pair of fans when I was running push/pull on my rads. The FC Touch can handle 30w per channel and has 6 channels as well. Phobya also sell what appears to be a rebranded version of this as well, the Phobya Touch 6. There are others but these are the ones I have used myself.
Thanks but none of them can be controlled in windows. My case is H440 so no front drive bays... At the moment I'm looking at GRID+ V2 but there are some reviews that do not recommend it.

Soldato
Second one looks nice but can you comment on software?

Works fine with me. Never had an issue with my 6lt and it works and controls flawlessly. Can set the fans, pumps to adjust at any kind of temp, cpu temp, gpu temp etc. Have custom curves etc.

curve kicks in as soon as you push the power button so no silly over revving fans at startup etc etc. Dont even need the actual software open for it to control either.

I have this on mine too, they also come in black.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-passive-cooler-for-aquaero-6-wc-172-aq.html

Associate
Thanks but none of them can be controlled in windows. My case is H440 so no front drive bays... At the moment I'm looking at GRID+ V2 but there are some reviews that do not recommend it.
Grid is not PWM so not worth it. It controls fans by voltage, which makes fan speed to fluctuate. It can stop pwm fans completely and then ramp up to 100%.

As above you really have choice between aquero ( more popular) and corsair commander mini( or PRO, which is latest version).

Associate
OP
Works fine with me. Never had an issue with my 6lt and it works and controls flawlessly. Can set the fans, pumps to adjust at any kind of temp, cpu temp, gpu temp etc. Have custom curves etc.

curve kicks in as soon as you push the power button so no silly over revving fans at startup etc etc. Dont even need the actual software open for it to control either.

I have this on mine too, they also come in black.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-passive-cooler-for-aquaero-6-wc-172-aq.html

This one looks really good, will that heatsink be need it?

Associate
Another option is the Corsair Commander Pro. I would recommend it only with PWM fans, it often fails to recognise non-pwm fans, but together with LINK ( free download ) it really does give you amazing control. It has six fan channels that can be set up independently and even then you can use splitters on the outputs so you can control more than enough fans. It can also control LEDs and has it's own thermisters to monitor temperatures as well as anything your system has. It is pretty expensive but the graphical presentation in windows is excellent and makes it really, really easy to set up and monitor the performance of your system. If you have a modern Corsair power supply it integrates that as well.
Download LINK from corsair and take a look at it. Note that LINK can not control the Motherboard fans, but uses the Commander Pro to control it's own fans, but it can control any Corsair product such as a PSU or water cooler. Downloading it will give you an excellent idea of what you can do when you add the Commander Pro to it.

Soldato
Can anyone verify if I am correct or incorrect? I'm under the impression aquaero 5 has single PWM channel and aquaero 6 has 2x PWM channels where each channel can have it's own temperature to PWM percentage curves to control fan speed .. and of course each curve can control several PWM fans. Not sure how many fans aquaero PWM signal is able to control, but normal PWM signals are usually good for 6-8x PWM fans, sometimes more before fans loops signal and either won't change speed or run full speed. I have ran 8x PWM fans on my aquareo 5 LT no problem.

Soldato
Can anyone verify if I am correct or incorrect? I'm under the impression aquaero 5 has single PWM channel and aquaero 6 has 2x PWM channels where each channel can have it's own temperature to PWM percentage curves to control fan speed .. and of course each curve can control several PWM fans. Not sure how many fans aquaero PWM signal is able to control, but normal PWM signals are usually good for 6-8x PWM fans, sometimes more before fans loops signal and either won't change speed or run full speed. I have ran 8x PWM fans on my aquareo 5 LT no problem.
All four channels of Aquaero 6 include PWM control option.
Max number of curve controllers is four.
But single controller can control multiple fan channels/outputs, including channels from connected AquaBus devices like Poweradjust or slave-mode Aquaero LTs.
(max number of channels controlled by single Aquaero is 12)

And sensors are other nice thing of Aquaero.
It comes with four physical sensors, having connectors for another four.
Maximum number of software based sensors is eight.
Aqua Computer Service background process itself includes Open Hardware Monitor and and can relay also readings from AIDA or HWinfo.
In case of OS/software crash there's adjustable "timeout" for how long Aquaero keeps software sensor reading locked to last reported.
After that software sensor reading resets to adjustable "fallback" value.
Then there's total of four "vitual" sensors combining up to three input sensor readings, either taking highest/lowest value from them, calculating average or difference. Possible source sensors include other virtual sensors.

So you can stick physical sensor to heatsink's base and use highest mode virtual sensor to combine software CPU temperature to backup from physical sensor.
After adding another sensor to measure case temperature near exhaust you can use average mode virtual sensor to combine that sensor reading to CPU virtual sensor reading for controlling case fans.

Some experience from PLCs isn't bad for figuring out "programming" of Aquaero... :p
Of course all output channels, sensors and controllers can be named freely so that you can keep up with them.

Just spend most of time from yesterday afternoon to today afternoon in swapping Seasonic X-650 to Prime Titanium 650 and switching control of fans from Aerocool FP-01 and Zalman MFC-2 to Aquaero 6 XT+Poweradjust.
Though still left Zalman into PC because of it having that power consumption measuring dongle.

Soldato
Good discription of aquaero 6. No idea what I was thinking. My aquaero 5 has 2x PWM channels and newer 6 has 4x channels.

I will add that all aquaero 6 are the same basic controller .. same fan control hardware with/without front panels and I don't think LT has heatsink, but it's available as an accessory. Most forums have an aquaero group thread with very helpful members, so not that hard to become familiar with using them. With acceories the aquaero does almost everything but was windows.

Back
Top Bottom